AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

One thing i always wonder is why tests labs doesn't share their samples to the public (could ask for a small paid subscription in exchange) so they (and the vendors) would be transparent and trustful...but they don't...:sneaky:

Reactions: Tiny and DDE_Server

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Regarding K7- I did a quickie with K7 this morning with the System Monitor set at High. It was run against a testbed of diverse malware, none zero-day (a week or so at the newest, a year or so at the oldest- I like to see if a security producat can walk before testing if it can run, if you catch my meaning).

1). I set up my VM to simulate a POS computer and there were no noticeable slowdowns.
2). The raw on demand scan of the test set was nothing special as I still had about 25% of the test set to run.
3). The Proactive module did fine against typical riff-raff like ransomware and trojans.
4). It did extremely poorly against scriptors like diverse worms and WMI malware.
5), Upon reboot and rescan I had oodles and oodles of nasty things that restarted with Windows and remained extent on the system after a full scan by K7.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Regarding K7- I did a quickie with K7 this morning with the System Monitor set at High. It was run against a testbed of diverse malware, none zero-day (a week or so at the newest, a year or so at the oldest- I like to see if a security producat can walk before testing if it can run, if you catch my meaning).

1). I set up my VM to simulate a POS computer and there were no noticeable slowdowns.
2). The raw on demand scan of the test set was nothing special as I still had about 25% of the test set to run.
3). The Proactive module did fine against typical riff-raff like ransomware and trojans.
4). It did extremely poorly against scriptors like diverse worms and WMI malware.
5), Upon reboot and rescan I had oodles and oodles of nasty things that restarted with Windows and remained extent on the system after a full scan by K7.
67253032.jpg

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
what abouth qihoo 360 ?
It's a Bloated Av..From Chinese Maker Qihoo
I will never advice it to even my enemy.
Delayed Signatures.
Outdated AV engines ( Avira & Bit defender)
Hit and miss cloud
AI engine - QVMII is degrading day by day
Overactive Hips
User intervention and many FP's
Excessive Bloat & UI sucks
*** I never trust Chinese vendors at any cost***
Stay away ^^

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
It's a Bloated Av..From Chinese Maker Qihoo
I will never advice it to even my enemy.
Delayed Signatures.
Outdated AV engines ( Avira & Bit defender)
Hit and miss cloud
AI engine - QVMII is degrading day by day
Overactive Hips
User intervention and many FP's
Excessive Bloat & UI sucks
*** I never trust Chinese vendors at any cost***
Stay away ^^

It´s like EEUU with Kaspersky lol... politycs and where a AV come from don´t go together.. im trust 1000 % more in chinesse than EEUU policies and statement.. but ty for info, im just think to stay with microsofto defender then :p

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
It´s like EEUU with Kaspersky lol... politycs and where a AV come from don´t go together.. im trust 1000 % more in chinesse than EEUU policies and statement.. but ty for info, im just think to stay with microsofto defender then :p
As I said before no av is free from sniffing..That s the truth.
For free av go with Avira / Bit defender free. Try Kaspersky free if you are OK with it
For paid there are many options.
Norton G data KIS Dr web Bit defender..
Try each before purchase

Pelocha

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2017
Good luck with the Chinese who do not respect any human right and treat their citizens as sheep.

You're very dislocated.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Good luck with the Chinese who do not respect any human right and treat their citizens as sheep.

You're very dislocated.
lols nice try..
btw how is Panda free V doing these days ? it worth the try ?

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
K7, that is the major Indian security company. I have to try them out. Indian IT sector is excellent.

As for Chinese AV's, I would not use one for numerous reasons.

Amazingly, the US or the other 4 countries in the "5 eyes" (who illegally spy on their populations), did not come out against any Chinese AV. Strange eh? US agenda? I think so.

The US goverment (like any other government) lies a lot to its populace.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
I was just joking.
Djim commented that he trusted more in the Chinese government than in a western one.
That's where the recommendation comes from.
lol i never say goverment... im talking abouth companys. jokes aside. in the moment u use any SO in pc or smarthphone ( bad name bcs phone are not smarth..) u giving more data than any AV touch with any GOv can ask for.. so

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.