AV-Comparatives: Real-World Protection Test (May 2016)

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
35.png

Full Article

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
You are right Microsoft has improved.
About Avast i think it did good since has scored more than 98%.
For me a very good result is that of Trend Micro because it has 0 False Positives.Nice to see that.

yeah last month Avast scored 99.5 0 FP I am a little harsh but every little big counts :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Kaspersky is the most consistent performer with excellent scores & low FPs across all the tests. Almost all other AVs sometimes come up with little low score or high FPs.
But Yes, at the end of the day all are just tests with some samples so take it with pinch of salt.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interesting everything seems change in these instances.

Vipre well agree to see its good performance at all but not expected to make it from the top.
Anyway justifiable because of their features are effective enough.

Meanwhile Bitdefender is next to experience some negligence on the performance but not worst. ;) Joke

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.