Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
The new one:
here is the result:
Untitled.png

Kaspersky back to Top again :)
http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/avc_factsheet2015_10.pdf

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Emsisoft does very well, but the only slight problem is the user dependent section - it might cause a user to click allow, as we all (well I do) then your infected. Kaspersky does this all automatically, which I think is the best way forward.

Reactions: Davidov and omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Emsisoft does very well, but the only slight problem is the user dependent section - it might cause a user to click allow, as we all (well I do) then your infected. Kaspersky does this all automatically, which I think is the best way forward.
Emsisoft orange alert shown in all softwares (safe or unsafe) :(
Emsisoft red alert (come from bb) is a little aggressive , its mark many of my softwares in a little period of time(flash get,download ninja, one day CG,)... :D

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

KIS = long time friendly-user AV
EIS = shifted to geek AV to friendly users less than than a couple of years.

:D

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Again Trend Micro and F secure got high degree in Fps :(
any one know why?

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
KIS = long time friendly-user AV
EIS = shifted to geek AV to friendly users less than than a couple of years.

:D
that white line is MSE/WD ? :eek:
McAfee...:rolleyes:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I do not understand this paragraph: "Out-of-box protection by Windows 7"?
In Windows 7 out-of-box there is no MSE just Windows Defender, but the old ones (antispyware).

Clipboard01.jpg

H

hjlbx

It is detection test... that's it.

All are compared relative to Microsoft's Windows Defender.

Most recent version of Windows Defender has improved to the point where classic scan engine antivirus really is not an absolute necessity.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Out of the box means when you 1st install i.e., Kaspersky, and you do not change any settings. I suppose Windows also has smart screen filter etc., so that provides a degree of protection.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
AVG did well in this one, but it will need to sustain that for some time to impress me. Qihoo and Panda have been doing better than AVG in tests for a good while, and usually Avira and avast! have also been surpassing AVG. Wonder why Qihoo wasn't in this one.

McAfee doing poorly is a long term trend. Here even Microsoft beats it! I wonder how soon Intel will beef up the McAfee product.

Baidu did itself proud.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
AVIRA isnt that great in protection, their sigs are good but theres nothing behind it which can stop stuff that goes by the sigs

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
McAfee worse than Windows Defender ? :D

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
AVIRA isnt that great in protection, their sigs are good but theres nothing behind it which can stop stuff that goes by the sigs

But Avira consistently shows better scores than some other AV with additional security layers that shows red line (compromised) than Avira

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
But Avira consistently shows better scores than some other AV with additional security layers that shows red line (compromised) than Avira
Its still using only Sigs and Cloud. No real Behavior Blocker. Their UI is dated too.

Trend Micro mostly uses Cloud as well, offline the BB isnt that great.

Kaspersky has an awesome BB offline as well as online.

I really like seeing Defender improving alot again. Maybe no need for extra AV soon enough.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Emsisoft orange alert shown in all softwares (safe or unsafe) :(
Emsisoft red alert (come from bb) is a little aggressive , its mark many of my softwares in a little period of time(flash get,download ninja, one day CG,)... :D

Emsisoft is working on automating the Behavior Blocker at the moment :)

Reactions: omidomi and XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.