AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test October 2015

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
@Secondmineboy
Yes Trend Micro and especially Kaspersky were excellent AVs no doubt in it. But if we compare Avira with other AV like Avast, AVG which had Behavior Blocker still scores most of the time lower than simple, modest Avira. I think Avira improved a lot with there cloud look up ability.

Reactions: omidomi
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

AVG now also has a cloud look up module , to prevent new unknown outbreaks. this all to enhance their identity protection. the devellopment team is working hard to make AVG better and better. and it certainly will stay at these rates.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Note: Testing was conducted on

Avira Antivirus Pro (commercial)
AVG Internet Security (commercial)
Avast (free)

While analyzing comparative data it's essential that you check the difference in the versions tested by the independent labs. For me it serves no purpose comparing a free version of one product against commercial version of another and preparing charts based on them.

In addition to that, I'd like to say never change your current antivirus based on the test results that's been published quarterly. I can see most users fall prey to these tests to make an "immediate" decision.

Reactions: omidomi and Kuttz

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Surprised to see AVG doing so well. But emsisoft didn't Performed up to the Expectations.

Surprisingly! I'm not at all surprised, I had an instinct this year about AVG lol I kep wanting to go back to it ;) I used it this last Summer, removed PUP's and no false positive. Fast scans and less buggy more stable. Videos online show full removal of malware and little to nothing bad leftover!

Only prob for me is their Privacy Policy is since October is odd, and I removed AVG because of this :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Again Trend Micro and F secure got high degree in Fps :(
any one know why?

Well we cannot tell exactly but for sure their environmental components may contain aggressive algorithm which may purely lack to whitelist those legitimate programs. Cloud should help to reduce those very premature known products.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.