AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test Overall Report (August-November)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I dont think so. TS it's the same as IS - with the Avira core addition.
That's like asking Avast, why let test free version only. They'll tell you : "We test basis, IS and Premier are better products !"
Which is stupid, because the only significant difference is the firewall... ;) The difference between Premier and free will practically 0...
360TS has the Avira engine, so it should be better than IS. In theory...
The version tested is 360IS 5.0 (Chinese) and I believe it also has the Avira definitions.

breathejustice

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Why won't they send Qihoo TS version to the labs if that is the product that the company is concentrating on? Probably they don't believe it will rank up to the IS version.
I think Chinese version is tested. So, it is not Qihoo 360 internet security at all.
I do not understand why av-comparatives do not tell about the version of Qihoo antivirus...

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Free anti-virus should have no place in this comparison chart since the majority of the products are paid products.

Yeah, I agree and actually that was my point too. :)

Regards,
Kardo

R

RevolutionSphere

I dont think so. TS it's the same as IS - with the Avira core addition.
That's like asking Avast, why let test free version only. They'll tell you : "We test basis, IS and Premier are better products !"
Which is stupid, because the only significant difference is the firewall... ;) The difference between Premier and free will practically 0...
360TS has the Avira engine, so it should be better than IS. In theory...
TS also has the Repair Engine as well.

Reactions: Šovelén

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Well, it seems that they compared Avast Free and AVG Internet Security in this test. I am quite sure that Avast IS is better than AVG IS.

Regards,
Kardo

I do not want provoke passions, but the real differences between Avast product is here :
https://www.avast.com/compare-antivirus

What a practical hat IS versus free ? Firewall and antispam. What has additionally Premier ? Nothing...
Therefore i say boldly, that the difference between Free and the Premier (hence IS) would be negligible.

And yes - i believe more (emotionally) Avast IS, than AVG IS.
But it's really emotional, so if tests say otherwise - they will be right.

Reactions: Av Gurus
E

eight

I do not want provoke passions

I like that :D

Where else but on MalwareTips will you find people who are passionate about their online protections :)

Awesome Community :cool: Which is why I keep coming back here.

the difference between Free and the Premier would be negligible
No offence, but the difference between free & paid is never negligible, it is considerable ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
What a practical hat IS versus free ? Firewall and antispam. What has additionally Premier ? Nothing...
Therefore i say boldly, that the difference between Free and the Premier (hence IS) would be negligible.

Sandbox and Safe Zone features in Internet Security. Sandbox is definitely one important protection layer to catch suspicious and unknown files.

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Šovelén

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Sandbox and Safe Zone features in Internet Security. Sandbox is definitely one important protection layer to catch suspicious and unknown files.

Regards,
Kardo

A sorry! Sandbox !
Avast free sandbox does not... But i would rather reviled Avast :)
As a user of Comodo FW and 360TS on this "detail" i always forget ;)

Safe Zone ? Hmmm... This is a very broad discussion. In short, i strongly doubt the greater efficiency (against the "standard").
Otherwise, yes - i would love to see a comparison of efficiency free vs. IS/Premier version.
Paid often does not automatically (much) better...

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
I like that :D

Where else but on MalwareTips will you find people who are passionate about their online protections :)

Awesome Community :cool: Which is why I keep coming back here.

No offence, but the difference between free & paid is never negligible, it is considerable ;)

As everyone in this uncertain world, i need to my protection quality antivirus, condom and ČZ vz.91S (for NSA agents - it was exaggeration) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.