Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Good detection rate, but it comes at the cost of "very many" false-positives.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Thats not the only cost. The price tag it self is very high and its memory usage is very high. High false positives,high memory usage and a high price tag. Three strikes and your out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Helper
Mar 15, 2011
Yep they must improved from their resource usage even the FP which reach a hundreds.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Still expensive. One pc is $40. 3 pc's $96. That almost twice the cost of NIS and it does not even have a firewall.

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/order/antimalware/

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The prices on top are for OA Premium + Antimalware. It seems to be a difference between prices in US and prices in EU. Or that 50% off is only for some countries...
[attachment=140]

Attachments

• Image 019.png
    Image 019.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 605

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Helper
Mar 15, 2011
Since its have a 50% discount from Emsisoft I tried to convert it and guess its really expensive .

45.00 EUR = 239.749 SAR (Saudi Riyal)
and
$60.00= 225.005 SAR

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
45 € is the price for 5 PCs. Anyway, even with 50% off I still think I have better alternatives (even for free) so this is not important.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Exactly..............If you actually price it out its more expensive then NIS and KIS. And those are suites. So even thought it has a great detection rate its honestly not worth it.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It looks like a great product on paper, but in the real world not so much. Better choices out there.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Helper
Mar 15, 2011
I just expected before that it may be higher like 99% but seems other products may perform better.

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested. Not many suites past the mrg tests and pass everytime now do they, with both kaspersky and norton failing:p Talked to live support and bought them both for under 120 bucks for 3 years which is great:p Norton retailing at around the 100 mark for just a year do the maths lol

D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested.

bad line, means you got infected... ;) hahaha ! Comodo AV find nothing because Defense+ block all of them before they put a foot on my system.

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
darkelixa said:
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested.

bad line, means you got infected... ;) hahaha ! Comodo AV find nothing because Defense+ block all of them before they put a foot on my system.

Yeah infected before Emsisoft was installed..

D

Deleted member 178

i was teasing you ^^ with what softwares did you get infected? dont tell me it was CIS :p

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i was teasing you ^^ with what softwares did you get infected? dont tell me it was CIS :p

Originally was using norton 360 that turned my pc into garbage, then pc tools oh boy that was bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.