AV-Comparatives ~ Whole Product Dynamic Test ~ March-June 2011

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems Symantec is the highest there with 99.5%. Also Quickheal is not there.

Mark

Thread author
Apr 22, 2011
Symantec has 0.5% user dependent. 99.5% + 0.5% = 100%.

Kaspersky = 99.1% + 0.9% = 100%.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Please remove the graph and respect the rules of AV Comparatives.

Please link only to our main site www.av-comparatives.org.
We do not allow to host our test reports/documents on other sites without our permission.
If you find anything on other sites, please inform the forum/site admin to remove it.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Great results for KIS and NIS. The graph is a great way to summarize both protection and the required user interaction.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Avast beating Avira and AVG...............:D

BTW bogdan this is not suites. So its KAV and NAV. Solid performance for NAV.

All these official tests are good but paying for security I am done with. Sure I miss Norton but I feel just as protected with my current config as when I had NIS. Now if Symatec made a free version.......................We could only hope.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Food for thought.

Norton scored .8% higher then Avast. Now is that .8% worth $50. No. Especially when it's for 1 year. Take that $50 and put it towards an external HDD and keep an image.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
:eek:fftopic:
We'll be hoping forever :)

I will probably go back to NIS once avast expires. NIS just works really well with me.

Great results from KAV and NAV. And I thought KAV was quite weak by all those MRG fails, but i guess they pulled it together.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Actually, in the dynamic test they use suites. It says so in the notes.

Good to see solid detections from all the big players. Why isn't Security Essentials on it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From graph; Avira was either Blocked or Compromised, with no in-between for User Interaction.

What consists in the "Whole Product Dynamic Test"?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Read the notes pdf stormgtr. Its all right in there.

Another food for though:

No security in the world is 100% effective. So if you pay for your security you can still get infected and you spent money. So its kinda like money wasted. Now if you use a free product and get infected what money did you loose? None. I would go back to NIS myself but even finding it cheap for $40 was getting too much. Well especially now with gas costing almost $5/gal.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I'm ok paying $33 for NIS myself for a year and decided to do so last year, no regrets. I used Avast before that and plan to go back but my plan is to wait a bit and see how polished it becomes before I make a a final decision.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I waste way more money on the snack machines at work in a year than I pay for NIS in a year:p In all seriousness though we all have to weigh if something is worth paying for all the time in life. I and many others have decided this is worth it to us and there is nothing wrong with that, nor is there anything wrong with deciding it's not.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
You guys are missing the point. All of you know that I used NIS for almost 2 years and loved it. But in all honesty................Its it worth every penny? Not exactly when you can get the same protection for free. I was going to buy NIS again for another year so I tried various set ups. Went back to NIS then finally said................The heck with it. Go free.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
AVG came into my mind this morning but seeing those graphs convinced me that Avast is the best free AV, even way better than MSE,:D

I won't ditch CIS though, ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Back on the PC, I can check the PDF now. :p

We'll see how Security Essentials compares next month or so. :p

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Maybe when Melih gets off his high horse the will test Comodo. But most companies know of Comodo reputation to argue every test so most likely you will never see Comodo tested by AV Comp.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.