AV engines in QuickHeal

Discussion in 'Quick Heal' started by Alan Taylor, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Alan Taylor

Alan Taylor Level 1

Nov 21, 2015
    New Milton
    Does anyone know the AV engines present in the AntiVirus Pro and the Internet Security versions of QuickHeal? I know that the Total Security version has BitDefender.

BearHug, Yash Khan and kev216 like this.
  2. Wave

Wave Guest

They most likely use their own in-house engine with Bitdefender, I doubt they use any other additional engines (of course anyone reading, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

If you have the product installed you can check the settings and see if you can find any settings regarding enabled engines; alternatively you could become an explorer and dig deep into the files used by the AV product from the installation directory (e.g. check the properties of the files and see if any are digitally signed by any other external vendors, etc).

jamescv7, roger_m, venustus and 3 others like this.
  3. Alan Taylor

Alan Taylor Level 1

Nov 21, 2015
    New Milton
    I know that the BitDefender engine has always been in the Total Security version but was not sure whether it was in the other two "lower" versions. I have seen a comment on these forums saying that IS has both BD and Avira!
    I am particularly interested as until very recently QH was known to be near the bottom in malware tests but av-test.org's recent results on Win 10 and a recent cruelsister video shows that detection has greatly improved. A new engine?

4. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    @Alan Taylor: I highly doubt it is an improved version of in-house engine but still more room for improvements.

That overhaul change occur since 2013 version. I don't think so that Avira signatures is included in that matter because those samples should be easily flagged despite of zero day.

Sunshine-boy likes this.