AV-TEST AV-Test.org June 2019 with Webroot

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Link -> Windows 10: June 2019

New AV-TEST and big surprise....Webroot was tested too after a long time :)

Screenshot_2019-07-30 Test antivirus software for Windows 10 - June 2019.png

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Webroot ...ok that was predictable. but Malwarebytes and Bullguard are two other big losers in this test round :confused:
especially bullguard should improve their behavior blocker....they sold below their value

I agree with you, by the way Windows Defender is making many third party solutions look really bad nowadays.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As usual, the performance results are highly questionable. I think that the performance results from the most recent test from AV Comparatives better reflect the actual performance impact of products.
I keep imagining a Malwarebytes comeback.

Maybe they really have 'jumped the shark' and are going the way of SuckyAntiSpyware.

I hope not...
In my opinion, Malwarebytes is still a very good second opinion scanner. It just wouldn't be a very good primary security product.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1564454711598.png

As far as I know, this is the last AV-C test that Malwarebytes and Webroot participated in. Same result as the current AV-T results above. They both got crushed. Along with IOLO --- whatever that is.

So these are not statistical outliers... this is the reality for these products.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So, F-Secure, Kaspersky, Norton, Windows Defender with the perfect 18 score. Kaspersky and Windows Defender are even better with no false positives. No or very few false positive is expected from Kaspersky but Windows Defender with no false positive is very impressive and surprising too as Windows Defender always has a lot of false positives on AV-Comparatives's test.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.