• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 483
Reactions: Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
May 25, 2014
I personally do not like 360, i use Avast Premier. Much lighter, i cannot put something like 360 on here, too much slowdown.

And also the license goes until September, about 176 days left. Got it for free from a giveaway by the way on MT. :)

And i think Avast has something bigger planned for 2016 generations.

H

hjlbx

Order a test from @Malware1 then :)

He's one I included in "a certain group of MT members."

In any case, if you review the test results you will see that, for example, Avira is given a higher protection rating than ESET.

Now, from my experience, even at default settings I can tell you with absolute certainty that ESS protects the system much...much...better than Avira.

Run a bad script using Avira and see what it gets you.

Avira will whistle Dixie while your system goes down.

On my system I see a difference between what the AV test labs report and how softs actually perform. As far as detection, I think the labs are fairly accurate.

When it comes to performance (system impact) and ease-of-use, from what I see, it is not accurate...at least on my system.

I would much prefer if the tested softs using both default and maximum settings.

I think it would reveal some interesting things regarding both protection and performance.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
May 25, 2014
Im running Avast as i said and never got infected :)

But Avira is crap. One of my school class is infected while running Avira Pro.

H

hjlbx

Hehehe... it must have been merely a file-URL detection with some Mark tests thrown-in.

I don't even bother to read the test methodology any longer.

All that matters is how an AV performs on my specific system.

Afterall, a soft like BitDefender absolutely will not work on my specific system whereas others work OK and still others work great.

The published AV test lab results are merely a guide.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A little off topic but what is the difference between 360 AV and 360 IS?
And another thing noway ESET should get 4 in performance.
When i had installed was much lighter than other programs, just my opinion.

H

hjlbx

I'd bet if the AV test labs used laptops with OEM Windows installs the results would turn out quite different.

Just sayin' ... :cool:

Reactions: Piteko21
S

starchild76

I do not add to much value , to these so called " independant " test labs the best results usualy go to the vendors who are willing to cough up the most dough to get better results ( this is mentioned a gazillion times before by most of the users here on MT. ) sure , some results are true.but it does not matter if you have bitdefender or kaspersky or other powerfull suite , loads of users who have these loaded on their systems still get infected , because they are clickhappy. the most vital part in your defensive mechanism is your brain. so a 50 dollar a year suite is no guarantee staying safe for most people who disregard the most basic and vital surfing habbits.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Can anyone tell me the difference between 360 AV and 360 IS?
Thanks in advance for your answers

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
This test smells fishy.
Anyways, I think AV-Test got its naming wrong. I think qhioo AV is the old Qihoo IS now called Qihoo TS Essential.
while Qihoo IS in this test is Qihoo Total Security. I think it works the same way for its Chinese version

Reactions: tonibalas

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
It's just a test people, seriously. It doesn't mean uber AV is better than Xiangkiaoooo AV.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I think if a certain group of MT members performed the tests none of the AV softs could ever hope to pass. :D

I have already suggested this but it was rejected
These tests like AV-Test , AV Comparatives etc.... are definitely NOT trustworthy, i never trust these kind of tests.
MalwareTips is a huge community and includes very capable malware hunters and reviewers, i hope one day our wishes come true

As about the specific AV-Test i have nothing more to say than Kaspersky, and Bitdefender scored AGAIN 100% and they beat Eset even on performance.........maybe in another planet o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.