AV-TEST AV-Test: Windows 10: February 2020: Home

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

2020-3-26_5-18-35.PNG

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Windows Defender with performance of 6 makes absolutely no sense when I know for a fact that avast! is objectively faster and got only 5.5...
When I use AppTimer to see how fast for instance Chrome launches and check WD versus Avast, Windows Defender slows down programs starts 25% less. Windows Defender set on MAX with ConfigureDefender COLD (first startup) launches half a second faster than Avast with FileShield installed. Consequetive startups of Chrome with WD are just below .2 seconds faster than Avast (again with Fileshield only, when I install more Avast free modules, the lag gets worse). Could you post your AppTimer recordings (since you mentioned that you knew for a fact)?

Mileage may vary per PC config, I know

Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1585240072728.png

Good to see MBAM in there and testing... and slowly improving.

It's the vendors who hide from testing and make excuses... they are more likely to not improve.

===============

He's not a member anymore since yesterday and the threads he started are now gone. I don't know why and I liked reading his antivirus reviews.

Yeah, this is very unfortunate.

He was personally attacked several times... and I know he didn't like it. And I don't blame him.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
He's not a member anymore since yesterday and the threads he started are now gone. I don't know why and I liked reading his antivirus reviews.
This is a shame. People who voice their strong opinions tend to attract attention, positive and negative. I will miss his quality input. He was a quality member of the community while he was here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.