Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
A96KQp2.png

AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute

It seems unreliable to me

D

Deleted member 2913

I am running KIS 2017 & performance mentioned matches with my system here i.e KIS 2017 is light with everything here as mentioned in the test details.

I have AIS license & thinking of installing it on one of my systems here, is Avast performance really that heavy as mentioned in the test details?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Have a look at ESET - Loading of popular websites is slowed by 53% on a standard PC whereas on a high end PC ESET slows things by 89% against an industry average of 18% ??? - Certainly not my experience after recently installing ESET again after trying out Trend & Panda among others, pretty sure I would notice a slowdown of such magnitude - Think I'll underclock my CPU to gain advantage in loading websites :)

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Not really fair on Panda & Avast for example using the free version against some premium suites from other companies.
On default settings, it doesn't make any difference, both free and paid versions have probably exactly the same detection level.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Agree on detection but on performance there potentially is a difference, although IMO comparing like for like makes more sense & on this test the products are rated by detection & performance.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm quite surprise for Quick heal.

However their performance can be very far compare to major giant competitors; protection capabilities are not in full force even contain DNA (heuristics) and BB.

The rest still as usual, so be ready for another proud award/ achievements in their product advertisements.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Avira performance?!!!
ESET performance ?!!!
cannot be sure about the result cause I m using win 7 ,but lot s of people complain about Avira nowadays,and lot of people are enjoying ESET,esp for its lightness

Reactions: aragornnnn

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.