Another Friday, another release candidate. We are more than happy to announce AVAST 2014 RC2 (build number 9.0.2004).
Many thanks for all comments you provided us here on the forum and feedback.avast.com from the previous betas! We were so overloaded that please be patient that some of those reports haven't been closed as resolved yet.
We've fixed all known problems in this RC, here is the list of the most important ones:
- taskbar icon > Registration doesn't open GUI
- GUI tuning - that you for your feedback!
- network shield fixes
- WSC - disable MS firewall during AIS installation (but after reboot!)
- SMTP alerts fixes
- several fixes of very unspecified crashes
- mailshield fix for Thunderbird (certificates)
- GUI isn't freezing any more
- IE sometimes crashes when you click the Online Protection plugin icon
It should be possible to install this version on top of your existing avast! installation (all settings should be preserved).
Also, please try to update through UI (using the in-program updater). If you notice anything unusual related to the installation, networking, please let us know. Network component
(including FW) and setup component have been redesigned, so any negative signs should be checked. Thanks in advance!
AND, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO FOLLOW THE UPDATE SCENARIO FOR RC2 - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=135712.0 (from version 8 )
WE REALLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK FROM THAT!
Any feedback is appreciated! https://feedback.avast.com/response/add