Avast 6 Free Final Review and Malware Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I really liked the part where webguard block the url threw up except from banker trojan with its something partial blocked but its executed.

G

Guest28

It could have done better but i am happy with the results hopefully in the next build that they release soon will improve the auto-sandbox.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
But why did he took it down ? I did manage to see it .... Avast failed or ...?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast did very well, but with one flaw when disabling the File System Shield it also disables the Auto-Sandbox, I don't think the user realised this at the time.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Thats not a flaw...............Thats called not understanding how the program works. When you disable the file shield it also disables the sandbox.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's a flaw in the test.

Edit: I referring to the video test in my previous comment.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Oh sorry about that. Ok here is the thing. We all know that going to MDL does not mean a thing. Copying a pasting 10 malicious links is more then the average Joe will see in a life time. Before I full commited myself to Avast I did something yesturday while I had some spare time. I went on MDL and copied/pasted every single link on the front page. Some did not work but the ones that did were blocked. So basically thats about 40/40. Thats enough for me to stick with it. Even though MRG shows that Avast does not do that well with zero day threats its good enough for me.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cudgelwap1 Sorry everyone. My Avast video was somewhat of a dud. It was too improvised, and I will be making another improved version soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cudgelwap1

So he will make a video soon

G

Guest28

Meh.....Everyone makes mistakes i don't count this one against him Cudgelwap1 does great reviews. Anyway looking forward to the other review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.