Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Which of them is lighter in system resources? I don't care about ram usage, what's important to me is disk/cpu usage and the rest. Don't mess with effectiveness etc, the thread is only resources usage related.
Thank you!

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Windows defender is your PC defult AV.. If you add avast then automatically stop WD and Avast his do own work.... So, its Your choice that you want an av or not, bcz WD is your Defult Av..!

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Akash209 said:
Windows defender is your PC defult AV.. If you add avast then automatically stop WD and Avast his do own work.... So, its Your choice that you want an av or not, bcz WD is your Defult Av..!

I know that. The two options to be discussed here are Windows (8) Defender enabled without any other AV in real time, and Avast 8 free of course with WD disabled since WD is disabled automatically after Avast installation.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Both of them would generally not affect the performance if RAM issue is not important since none of them could conflict from the daily task.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Both of them would generally not affect the performance if RAM issue is not important since none of them could conflict from the daily task.

Thank you! Indeed the difference (if any) must be tiny; I 've used them both but did not make any comparison ever so I created this thread. What bothers me most is disk usage as I want my HDD to have as little usage from AV as possible. I want it to last as long as it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.