Umar.18

Level 2
Hello friends! Today I have discovered an amazing thing. I have installed AVG on my system a few days ago then I switched to Kaspersky internet security. I know that AVG and Avast leaves behind a suspicious exe known as Overseer.exe after uninstallation. After first discovery of the file on user machines Avast claimed that it is not harmful and just collect statistics. But I have recently noticed that it was spying on my webcam. What is the point in spying webcam even after uninstalling their product? They have turned a good product into total crap. Please, never use their products. Make them realize that we value privacy over their nasty privacy spying tactics.

Proof.jpg

omidomi

Level 66
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Hello friends! Today I have discovered an amazing thing. I have installed AVG on my system a few days ago then I switched to Kaspersky internet security. I know that AVG and Avast leaves behind a suspicious exe known as Overseer.exe after uninstallation. After first discovery of the file on user machines Avast claimed that it is not harmful and just collect statistics. But I have recently noticed that it was spying on my webcam. What is the point in spying webcam even after uninstalling their product? They have turned a good product into total crap. Please, never use their products. Make them realize that we value privacy over their nasty privacy spying tactics.View attachment 211095
Can U send this file ?
I want SUD it to Vendors :D

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
Hello friends! Today I have discovered an amazing thing. I have installed AVG on my system a few days ago then I switched to Kaspersky internet security. I know that AVG and Avast leaves behind a suspicious exe known as Overseer.exe after uninstallation. After first discovery of the file on user machines Avast claimed that it is not harmful and just collect statistics. But I have recently noticed that it was spying on my webcam. What is the point in spying webcam even after uninstalling their product? They have turned a good product into total crap. Please, never use their products. Make them realize that we value privacy over their nasty privacy spying tactics.View attachment 211095
Always use their uninstallers twice to clear out all unwanted garbage/leftovers.
Maybe they desperately need money, a very easy peasy method would be selling your data as s** tapes in the darknet I hope it contains only faces, and other parts are censored or removed as part of data cleaning.:cry:

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
I was using avast premier but ads even in their premier version forcing to buy their vpn and cleanup premium. I somehow managed it 1 year and now using kaspersky security cloud free with hard configurator and very pleased now.
Only issue with Kaspersky security cloud FW is nagging me because its turned off in free version but WD nags firewall is off and when checked Win FW is up and running perfectly.

Last edited:

Upendra19

Level 1
Only issue is Kaspersky security cloud FW is nagging me because its turned off in free version but WD nags firewall is off and when checked Win FW is up and running perfectly.
I am not having this issue as i am using zonealarm free firewall (not comodo as PC is used by other family members and they tell me every time to remove it when it pops up with some message:().

Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
I would like to say I am surprised, but I'm not. I will no longer use any of their products. IMHO they are no longer a security company, they are an data harvesting advertisement company that happens to have an antivirus. It's quite sad really, their behavior is malware like, but I guess as long a people use it (because it's free), it won't change. I've always said, Avast was always giving away too much for it to be sustainable. They should have gotten rid of the free version all together and started charging like virtually everyone else. At least that way they would have a proper income without having to resort to ads and these disgusting tactics.

Threadripper

Level 7
I would like to say I am surprised, but I'm not. I will no longer use any of their products. IMHO they are no longer a security company, they are an data harvesting advertisement company that happens to have an antivirus. It's quite sad really, their behavior is malware like, but I guess as long a people use it (because it's free), it won't change. I've always said, Avast was always giving away too much for it to be sustainable. They should have gotten rid of the free version all together and started charging like virtually everyone else. At least that way they would have a proper income without having to resort to ads and these disgusting tactics.
Couldn't agree more, but the worst part is even their paying customers get ads and the same privacy treatment... they shouldn't be in business.