Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Circa ~2017
It is our new application that is going to help us detect common (technical) issues with our products. In a sense, it behaves similarly to our Avast Emergency Update but is able to correct these issues independently and even catch them sooner. That's at least theory, currently we are evaluating its performance on small fraction of our users
Source: What "avast overseer" is?

Overseer [Definition]
"a person who supervises others, especially workers."

omidomi

Level 68
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Circa ~2017

Source: What "avast overseer" is?

Overseer [Definition]
"a person who supervises others, especially workers."
Good point,but hmmm, I find better one!
its from igor(Serious Graphoman)

Come on All , this tools is another module of Avast Antivirus!
why you kidding at them? ha?
Avast want to protect you Via your Webcam, so whats wrong?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

*Plz some one Send these Files to me ,I want SUD these Files to Russian Vendors (Due to Avast work with western blah blah ,sample should be send to russian vendors!) :unsure:

Last edited:

Marko :)

Level 14
Verified
Avast used to be my favorite AV, but recent events made me not to use their products anymore. After my Emsisoft license expired, I was looking for a free AV. I thought of installing Avast and after seeing users complaining on too many ads and pop-ups, I decided to stay with just Windows Defender. I'm not the person who will install all kind of suspicious software or visit suspicious websites, so its enough for me (after all, I was a year and a half without an AV on older PC and never got infected).

The only 3rd party antivirus which I'll happily install on my PCs is Emsisoft. I tried free versions of Kaspersky; they never worked the way I wanted so I got rid of them. Beside Emsisoft, I could probably install Bitdefender, although I had problems with it in past (boot slowdown etc.).

If this thing is true, that could be really embarrassing for Avast. I'd love to see Avast's response to Umar.18's post.

DDE_Server

Level 8
i donot believe that reply
OK, that's really vague question but I'll try. :)

It's a small independent application residing in its own directory, therefore it should be able to fix even most broken Avast installations. It's being run daily from task scheduler but it has really small footprint and if everything is fine, exits within seconds. It also has its own release cycle and is able to update itself automatically.

During its run, it identifies some well-known (but very hard to prevent) issues with our products and attempts to fix them, if possible. For example, it detects whether the antivirus service is running and if it is not, it triggers repair. Right now, that's about it. We'll see if it actually helps as much as many people in the office hope it will. :)

Janl1992l

Level 13
Verified
Didnt this exe came out almost the same time Avast did a deal with Rothschild? If it need Camera access maybe it is used to make a 3d muster from your face, that would explain why Avast would make a deal with a Rothschild. Its a devil Family with a devil agenda. U better know how u slaves look and what are they doing all the time. Its just a theorie, dont take it serios but u never know in this fked up world.

Nightwalker

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
Avast has plenty of privacy problems but I dont know if this premise is right (spying on via webcam); I am almost sure that it isnt the case.

This Kaspersky protection is generic, it is simple blocking any access to the webcam for applications on the untrusted group.

@Umar.18 Are you using the default Kaspersky settings? If so it is strange that this Avast executable file is on the untrusted group.

Umar.18

Level 2
Avast has plenty of privacy problems but I dont know if this premise is right (spying on via webcam); I am almost sure that it isnt the case.

This Kaspersky protection is generic, it is simple blocking any access to the webcam for applications on the untrusted group.

@Umar.18 Are you using the default Kaspersky settings? If so it is strange that this Avast executable file is on the untrusted group.
I have just installed Kaspersky and it alerted me with a pop up that an application is blocked from accessing webcam.