Nightwalker

Level 18
Verified
Content Creator
What might have happened is Dr WEB (LAB) might have analyzed the culprit behaviour of avast installation and its after ill effects such as un authorized accesses..
They are alreaday too stubborn and their staunch AV policy finally made them to add it to un wanted list.

No surprises..only Kudos :)
Nah, you are overthinking, it is just a false positive.

omidomi

Level 68
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Because it is reasonablly common for one security product to detect components from another product as being malicious. If you are concerned (even though there is no need to be), don't install Avast.
Hem, until now Kaspersky & Dr.Web mark it as "unwanted" , who one know? may be another security software detect another part of it as malware :D
look, its just happen for new version of Avast!
I want to fixed this problem , I can't close my eyes and see nothing, if both Dr.Web & Kaspersky (and may be another Av) detected these suspect activity why we can said both of these(or another company same as them) do the same Fps?!
if this problem from Avast they should fixed it, if this problem from Both Kaspersky & Dr.Web for sure they should fixed it :)
truth must known ;)

What might have happened is Dr WEB (LAB) might have analyzed the culprit behaviour of avast installation and its after ill effects such as un authorized accesses..
They are alreaday too stubborn and their staunch AV policy finally made them to add it to un wanted list.

No surprises..only Kudos :)
I do't know really whats happen! but if this problem stay...!
may be Russian FSB blocked Westian spy tool :D
its joke, but I hop this problem fixed soon :)
*I will try to install Dr.Web & check that "suspected files via Dr.Web" these days...and will contact to Dr.Web Lab about this problem .
ais_gen_tools-87a.vpx was sent to Dr.Web Lab

Last edited:
it likely monitors the webcam to see if it's been hacked to prevent unwanted spying - which is what kaspersky is doing and how kaspersky detected it. i theorize, but honestly, why would avast want to see my ugly mug? seriously. there are likely many reasons (as mentioned above, a bad uninstall). one must be careful of libel, bleeping computers was slapped down pretty hard for libel.

Reactions: roger_m

Lobito Punky

Level 13
Verified
After uninstalling AVG the famous executable was left. Dr.Web takes it as a threat.
drweb.jpg

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start curing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\program files\common files\avg\overseer\overseer.exe - deleted