Troubleshoot Avast! Antivirus saying Unprotected after having just upgraded and renewed.

Hansters

Thread author
Aug 3, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Same.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Updating, Renewing, Validating. The works.
So, this last year I've been using Avast! Antivirus for my PC. I only had a few days left of my subscription (I was using the free version), so I decided to renew. I also decided that I would upgrade to the Internet Security version, just to be safe. All worked fine, paid for it, got my activation key, etc. However, as soon as I got my activation key, I started having issues. It wasn't able to do the automatic activation, first of all. No big deal, I just would manually install it. So I did. Went to the settings, registration, and input my key for registering. It took the key, said all was well, and there we go; I thought my job was done. However, I noticed that the icon in the tray said that I was unprotected!

Now, this whole thing is just confusing me. Everywhere I look in the app, it says that I own the new subscription; firewall, internet security, all of it. It just isn't activated! I have no idea what is going on, and every attempt to activate my features/subscription comes up with "We're sorry, we cannot apply this license to your device."

Also, in the settings tab, subscription sub-tab, it says that my license is invalid. Why? I just bought it, got the order confirmation, even got a confirmation of renewal!!

I've tried activating my license in my account settings on the app. I've tried renewing my license in the settings tab of the app also. I've tried troubleshooting. Also, in the account tab of the app, it says UNDER LICENSES that my license for Avast! Internet Security is VALID. I click use license; Sorry, we could not apply this license to your device.

I don't understand it.

Thanks for any replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.