Battle AVAST av lagging pc any other decent av that doesnt lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
please help the question is the title of the thread

Avast should not lag your PC, However any AV program does have a drain on resources.
This totally depend on how you configure and setup your PC.
So share your system details and config, and some idea's about what you expect from your AV.
Because honestly Avast is pretty light and its kinda hard to find a suitable program to replace Avast if you take system load as a baseline.
So this all leads me to believe that either you have a slow PC, or either you need to do some cleaning up.

Cheers

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
Avast should not lag your PC, However any AV program does have a drain on resources.
This totally depend on how you configure and setup your PC.
So share your system details and config, and some idea's about what you expect from your AV.
Because honestly Avast is pretty light and its kinda hard to find a suitable program to replace Avast if you take system load as a baseline.
So this all leads me to believe that either you have a slow PC, or either you need to do some cleaning up.

Cheers
cpu: amd fx 6300
ram: 8gig
gpu: r7 260x
psu: superflower 550w gold green
antimalware: malwarebytes pro
fw: online armor pro
av: avast

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you certain that it is not Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium or Online Armor Pro, that is causing some conflict between the programs running in real-time.

I didn't notice any lag with Avast on my PC when I trialed the Internet Security for a few days (prior to 8.1 upgrade), with a similar hardware spec. Except I didn't have Malwarebytes installed.

Last edited:

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
well i can replace avast i like online armor it doesnt bug me every 2 seconds with pop ups like comodo firewall does, i just want a good free antivirus which works well with OA ofc after the trial ends il be using the free version of OA

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
I hate picking an antivirus cos people jsut pick there favorites is there any reliable source of detection and how good they are fro man unbiased persons

S

starchild76

I can recommend AVG 2015 its lighter than the 2014 version and they have definately improved , have AVG Internet Security 2015 installed and it does not slow down my system and browsing down. have you excluded avast in online armor and vice versa? there should be no conflicts or slowdowns if properly configured :) especially with the system specs you have.

S

starchild76

that is what you think......avg is implementing improvements momentarely and soon will be unrecognisable from the previous versions , end october / begin november service pack one will come with more improvements :)

Reactions: souhrid
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.