Advice Request Avast Behavior Shield with COMODO HIPS. Which settings should I use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Can anyone suggest the most appropriate settings for COMODO HIPS so that it would work with Avast behavior shield in tandem?

Reactions: AtlBo and given

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
U can use safe mode in comodo hips. It should work realy nice with the behavour shield from avast. Well, i would turn off hips totaly if u use comodo firewall and avast. there is no need for hips.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In avast, recommend to leave default Move Known Threats.
upload_2017-6-12_17-17-43.png

Formally Identity Protection (IDP) from AVG software.

No comment for Comodo.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I think you can tweak Avast to be very effective and you can also do this with Comodo. I would pick one instead of having both.

Reactions: Prayag and AtlBo

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
U can use safe mode in comodo hips. It should work realy nice with the behavour shield from avast. Well, i would turn off hips totaly if u use comodo firewall and avast. there is no need for hips.
Actually, i am talking about which objects to be monitored by hips,the fields to which avast doesn't provide enough protection.

Reactions: AtlBo

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Actually, i am talking about which objects to be monitored by hips,the fields to which avast doesn't provide enough protection.
U have alrdy enough protection with comodo autosandbox. Avast will do the most work here and when avast misses something the sandbox will catch it. But when ur a carefull user u dont need all this.

Reactions: AtlBo and darko999
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.