Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi all,
we are introducing new beta version 17.4.2292:

What's new:
- updated GUI framework CEF to the latest version

This is a huge change with impact on a whole product. Please watch any UI crashes or not working pages.

- offline installation on Win XP without internet connection crashes, this scenario will not be supported anymore

Download links:
BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

AVAST Team

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi trying this again ,just wanted to know how much does the behaviour shield slow down a pc in avast.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hi trying this again ,just wanted to know how much does the behaviour shield slow down a pc in avast.
I've not noticed any significant slowdown since Avast integrated their behaviour shield and I'm running it on a low-end system (3-year old i3 and 8GB of RAM). Your mileage may vary so I suggest you install it yourself and see if you suffer any noticeable slowdown.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Would smartscreen be enough though and behaviour shield from Avast not needed I am running creators update

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Would smartscreen be enough though and behaviour shield from Avast not needed I am running creators update
I don't really understand what you're asking but I'll just give you my advice assuming you're wanting to install Avast:
If you're planning on installing Avast I'd suggest choosing custom installation and selecting File System Shield, Behaviour Shield and Web Shield. You've no need to install any other components if you don't want to.
You mention you don't need behaviour shield but be aware that if something isn't detected by Avast's signatures then you're relying on DeepScan and CyberCapture for detection and those can be hit-or-miss.

Smartscreen should always be enabled system-wide even with any antivirus product installed.

Last edited:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Thks just being sure on avast since there are still a few bugs and I had problems with it with Macrium.That is fixed in beta 2292 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.