Not open for further replies.

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
upload_2014-4-24_17-7-12.png

upload_2014-4-24_17-15-34.png

When you scan the Outbound and Inbound Emails? Your Email Clients such as "Thunderbird" are blocked!

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-24_17-6-26.png
    upload_2014-4-24_17-6-26.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 831

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I would just use the Avast Real Time Protection instead!

Your screenshots only indicate to Turn off Avast scanning your emails, it's not a long-term practical solution.

My Thunderbird now works with this setting, it's just a fast solution for now!

Your screenshots only indicate to Turn off Avast scanning your emails, it's not a long-term practical solution.

upload_2014-4-24_19-40-55.png

This works!

This is my problem!

upload_2014-4-24_19-44-13.png

upload_2014-4-24_19-57-8.png

Found what I was looking for!

Michael_Blunt

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2014
You do realize those settings from your last post are there only for email alerts and nothing to do with the mail shield ? When malware is detected by any of avast's components then avast will send an email-alert to the specified mail via the mail server you entered bellow under SMTP Settings.

Reactions: Littlebits

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
upload_2014-4-24_20-31-22.png

Nop it was the SMTP Server settings for sure, I have disabled the Mail Shield without Antivirus errors! My first solution works better, If you only have more than one SMTP Server?

You do realize those settings from your last post are there only for email alerts and nothing to do with the mail shield ? When malware is detected by any of avast's components then avast will send an email-alert to the specified mail via the mail server you entered bellow under SMTP Settings.

Thanks for the link, but as you can see in my Email Client. I have more than one SMTP Server lol!

One was for the Email Client and the other one you was right about the Email Notification, I will use it in a bit lol!

upload_2014-4-24_19-57-8-png.10251

Yes it looks like all of this screen was the Email Notification part!

Michael_Blunt

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2014
The alerts feature in avast! is really handy for network admins, i don't know if the newest avast! versions have this also but i remember you could send alerts through a network message(WinPopup) to a specific IP or it could use the printer and print the alerts through that.

So is the Mail Shield working for you after following the steps outlined in the faq article ? http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB91#artTitle

Reactions: Jack and Littlebits

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I had to disable features, but still keep it enabled!

The alerts feature in avast! is really handy for network admins, i don't know if the newest avast! versions have this also but i remember you could send alerts through a network message(WinPopup) to a specific IP or it could use the printer and print the alerts through that.

So is the Mail Shield working for you after following the steps outlined in the faq article ? http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB91#artTitle

The Email Notification don't even work as well!

Link: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115686.0

The email notification feature was removed in earlier versions of avast 7 but there is the ability to get it back with a small modification of the ini file

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
upload_2014-4-24_21-31-47.png

This works better than Avast, because if someone hacks me and bypasses Avast junk, I'll can get notifications on the port instead lol!

Michael_Blunt

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2014
Even the AV part is average with avast!, nothing to write home about. It appears to me they are too focused on marketing and adding unnecessary features to the program instead of focusing on the core AV part and making that as good as possible.

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Yep it's rubbish also there Firewall didn't work as well, the detection works. but I make sure my UAC is running also sneaky me hahaha!

seems like avast is nothing but a PITA.

If I didn't create Windows Firewall Console 9.0? I would be either using Online Armor Free Firewall or Privatefirewall 7.0 maybe Spyshelter with Avast leaky thing lol!

Reactions: Amiga500
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.