Avast continuosly scans a file while Skype is running

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiomachine

Thread author
Sep 16, 2014
Avast 2015.10.0.2022 keeps continuously scanning this file as seen on the attachment always when Skype is running. Ive already used CCleaner to clean temp files and also registry, but without luck. When Skype is not running, everything is fine, just when the application starts. I also cannot access the DOMStore directory to manually delete its content. As I have show hidden system files checked, there is no DOMStore directory in the mentioned path.

AdwCleaner and MBAM logs are clean.

Could you please help to figure out how to fix this issue? It has a massive impact on my CPU. Thanks.

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 523

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Hi there,

It seems that this .XML file is responsible for the ads on Skype. avast! is scanning it as the information pushed to this XML is dynamic.

Although I don't usually recommend it, you may try disabling the IM shield for Skype by opening the avast! UI, then click on the "Security" tab. After that, click on the IM Shield icon and press the "Settings" button. There, you will see a list of IM programs. Find Skype and uncheck it respectively.

Please let me know if it works.

audiomachine

Thread author
Sep 16, 2014
Hello, thank you for your reply. I was able to reach the file. As a workaround Ive just set to the file read_only attributes. No more scans by Avast, but still I have no idea how to get rid of that cookie used by Skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.