• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am running latest AIS.

I use direct connection, wired router & wireless (only my wireless connection)
I keep on checking grc.com & Avast always stealth all the ports.

But only 1 prob & this prob happens only with Avast Firewall. I have never seen this prob with Comodo FW & Windows 7 FW.

On my routers page, WAN IP mostly starts with 203.x.x.x & think 192.x.x.x & with Avast FW installed, grc.com shows all ports stealth. This is fine.

But with Avast FW installed, I have noticed sometimes WAN IP shows 195.195.x.x & when this IP is shown, grc.com shows 2 ports stealth, rest closed & 80 & 443 open always. Avast Home Network scan also reports this prob when WAN IP shows this IP.

Any info?

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Are you using a vpn? If so then than may be the cause.:) Disable it run the firewall probe again and see it tell you all ports stealth.
Can u plz show me the graph of the port test?

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No VPN.

But I was wrong. The prob is not due to Avast FW.

I have seen 3 types of IP in WAN IP in router page.
1. Starts with 203.x.x.x
2. Starts with 192.x.x.x
Ports are always stealthed with the above starting IP.

3. 195.195.x.x

Whenever WAN IP shows IP starting with 195.195.x.x then always 2 ports stealth, rest closed & 80 & 443 always open.
I dont understand why this happens with IP starting with 195.195.x.x?
Are IP starting with 195.195.x.x. normal for home users?

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.