Battle Avast Free 2015 vs Qihoo Internet/Total Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I'm torn in between the both of them, good detections for Qihoo but Avast kinda has more of a quicker detection of the malware when it's unzipped to the system.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Too many threads about this 'battle' lately..

Let's take it step by step:
Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM) - Avast
Real World System Impact - 360
User Friendliness - 360
User Interface - I like them both (but, either way, it's not something important)
Level of Protection and Features (eg: Antivirus , Firewall, Behavior Blocker) - 360
Overall Winner - 360

Of course, I don't think you should listen to me, since I'm using 360. My opinion might be a little bit biased.
But.. both are very good. 360's detection is among the best, free or paid. Avast's is very good, too. If you'd describe your browsing activity as 'normal', you'll have no problem with either one. If your PC is a little bit slow, go with Avast. If it's strong in RAM and CPU, go with 360. It's better to be sure..

S

Sr. Normal

@OneDay perfectly explained.

I 've had problems with Avast in the past and will not know how good Avast 2015 , I think it would be better to discuss it within a month, when Avast has demonstrated its true quality .

From past experience I prefer Qihoo that having better detection of virus and today's computers do not care much resources consumed.

Kind regards

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

User Friendliness - 360
User Interface - I like them both (but, either way, it's not something important)
Level of Protection and Features (eg: Antivirus , Firewall, Behavior Blocker) - 360
Overall Winner - 360

Of course, I don't think you should listen to me, since I'm using 360. My opinion might be a little bit biased.
But.. both are very good. 360's detection is among the best, free or paid. Avast's is very good, too. If you'd describe your browsing activity as 'normal', you'll have no problem with either one. If your PC is a little bit slow, go with Avast. If it's strong in RAM and CPU, go with 360. It's better to be sure..

Adware? : No in Qihoo

Reactions: OneDay

kaskuser

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2014

User Friendliness - 360
Overall Winner - 360

qihoo total security or internet security ?

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
qihoo total security or internet security ?
I'm using Total Security.. And TS is also that's currently developed the most.
IS is lighter and more stable.. I've noticed about the same amount of FPs, so no winner here.
I'd choose Total Security.. Its real-time protection is better, too. In IS, when detecting and removing viruses, sometimes you have to reboot and the PC lags.

kaskuser

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
I'm using Total Security.. And TS is also that's currently developed the most.
IS is lighter and more stable.. I've noticed about the same amount of FPs, so no winner here.
I'd choose Total Security.. Its real-time protection is better, too. In IS, when detecting and removing viruses, sometimes you have to reboot and the PC lags.
how about privacy user ?

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
how about privacy user ?
If you exclude ESET and Emsisoft which are the best in this area, Qihoo's privacy policy is one of the best. That's the only thing I have on my hands. Everything else is just rumors and alleged accusations.
Whether you want it or not, antivirus software is something you give extra privilege to, so you'll never know what they're doing with your files..

Last edited:

kaskuser

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
If you exclude ESET and Emsisoft which are the best in this area, Qihoo's privacy policy is one of the best. That's the only thing I have on my hands. Everything else is just rumors and alleged accusations.
Whether you want it or not, antivirus software is something you give extra privelege to, so you'll never know what they're doing with your files..
okay :D

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I mean, there is no reason for you to get infected unless you are a 240% novice user at the damn computer. This mean you don't know anything, and you most will download anything from anywhere and just execute it with no need to think about anything or to read anything. Surfing here and there literally wanting to handle an infected file just to see if your AV will catch it. Then, you suck and you should go for quihoo.

If you are a normal user who just e-mail, youtube, facebook, and cya, then Avast is more than enough for you, as it is any other AV named in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.