App Review Avast Free Antivirus 2016 (ThePCSecurityChannel)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
1st part of the video, I agree with his opinion.

Now for the actual test, one must realize nothing is 100% proof. Going far to say would not recommend because it failed on some aspects is just a biased opinion.

Better off just saying this is what happened, and improvements should be made (just like any other vendor).

My opinion but I never recommended on my videos the solution. Instead, I have let the viewer draw his/her own conclusions.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

He did a Smart Scan with Zemana and a full scan with HitmanPro, If he did a Deep Scan it would've detected more for sure (over five engines).

Reactions: Der.Reisende

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've compared the older video of Avast way back on the same Youtube channel, seems DeepScreen feature provided in action from threw samples left on the test however they are turned to be safe which automatically bypass [DS process done].

Although that feature can help at all, their major detection goes on File Reputation besides on their classic Evo-Gen suspicious detection.

D

Deleted member 2913

DeepScreen is poor. And it doesn't appear for all unknown samples but for the samples Avast find suspicious, etc... And even if it appears 99.99% time it says nothing found with malicious samples. DeepScreen is in DeepSleep from the moment it was born.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.