Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Jack submitted a new resource:

Avast Free Antivirus (2018) - Product Screenshots - Avast Free Antivirus High Definition Screenshots.

Below we've added high definition screenshots for Avast Free Antivirus. The screenshots cover all the main parts of the product. For questions and discussions visit our dedicated Avast forum.

Avast Free Antivirus - Installation

View attachment 193810

Custom Install screen
View attachment 193811

Installation progress
View attachment 193812
View attachment 193813

View attachment 193814

View attachment 193815

Avast Free Antivirus - Main User Interface and Tabs

Main UI...

Read more about this resource...

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
How does the new Avast perform in terms of system impact?
I've just installed it so I need to try it for a few days before saying if it's light or not... but this will depend mainly on each PC specs. You may want to download and try it on the machine that you are planning to use it. Here are the main processes:

1.jpg

You can also check the results from AV-Comparatives Performance test - Performance Test April 2018 | AV-Comparatives (April 2018)

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I've just installed it so I need to try it for a few days before saying if it's light or not... but this will depend mainly on each PC specs. You may want to download and try it on the machine that you are planning to use it. Here are the main processes:

View attachment 193892

You can also check the results from AV-Comparatives Performance test - Performance Test April 2018 | AV-Comparatives (April 2018)
really ligth.. only 17 mb resources with only email shield off all on and max settings

Thanks for sharing! It seems really light. I will give it a try very soon.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
It is just another chromium-based browser with some enhanced security settings and some extensions. I just don't like the way Avast promotes their products. The installer includes much nonsense and unneeded stuff.
Average joe writes up in google ' best antivirus' avast pops-up, joe installs….now joe have fully secured browser to have safer web. Whats wrong with that?

More advanced user will choise advanced setup instead, to opt bundles out

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Average joe writes up in google ' best antivirus' avast pops-up, joe installs….now joe have fully secured browser to have safer web. Whats wrong with that?
Like installing Avast without your permission when all you wanted is to install ccleaner? I have no doubt that Avast offers great protection levels but I have some privacy concerns.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Thanks for sharing! It seems really light. I will give it a try very soon.
Well not exactly 17MB, more like 170MB with Minimal Setup, but still pretty light, it seems, that the old Avast is back. :emoji_ok_hand:

And when you disable the useless GUI and wsc_proxy.exe, it gets even better. I also disabled Behaviour shield to see, how little it can get. :giggle:

Attachments

• capture_07282018_185653.jpg
    capture_07282018_185653.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 925
  • capture_07282018_190144.jpg
    capture_07282018_190144.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 887

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Well not exactly 17MB, more like 170MB with Minimal Setup, but still pretty light, it seems, that the old Avast is back. :emoji_ok_hand:

And when you disable the useless GUI and wsc_proxy.exe, it gets even better. I also disabled Behaviour shield to see, how little it can get. :giggle:
oh dam my bad yeh i forgot to mention the 17 mb was the avastav services.. but i have 3 avast services running 17 mb, 8 mb, 18 mb anyway thats little impact for standars pc today. always every pc is diferent maybe a litle diference btw one or other.

Reactions: upnorth

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018

Will wait a little and I will definitely give it a try soon

Reactions: Moonhorse

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I am not going to install Avast on My main PC! I will install it on my family's. I'm using Kaspersky and I trust it and not planning to change it soon
This is kinda offtopic, but if i would install antivirus to my parents / family member computer i would go with kaspersky.
- no pop-ups
- best web filtering
- system watcher

Or just bitdefender, anything that doesnt have ads/pop-ups is best imo

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
This is kinda offtopic, but if i would install antivirus to my parents / family member computer i would go with kaspersky.
- no pop-ups
- best web filtering
- system watcher

Or just bitdefender, anything that doesnt have ads/pop-ups is best imo
hmm im using avast from 2 months ago ( the free V ) and only got 1 pop up in all this time.. with system watcher u mean the shield from avast too ? i think it have too

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
hmm im using avast from 2 months ago ( the free V ) and only got 1 pop up in all this time.. with system watcher u mean the shield from avast too ? i think it have too
Avast have behaviour blocker, the ads avast has arent that bad since its free product.

I just dont want family member call me about avast said someone is spying me blablabla and so on

Reactions: dJim

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.