Battle Avast Free Antivirus + Comodo Firewall

abdou17

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2013
Which components of Avast should i install with comodo firewall (CruelSister Settings)

OM5sb85.png

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I had my Windows 10 almost locked when i tried Avast with CFW @CS config with Behaviour shield enabled. I would suggest disabling Behaviour shield as well. After all AV is only for complementing the CFW.
It is alrdy fixed in the new build. Just better to exclude Comodo with avast. u dont need it the other round because Avast in in the comodo whitelist and comodo will not touch or scan it for anything.

Edit: The first 3 are perfect. Just turn off from comodo websites blocking or something like that. Because avast does realy well on blocking websites alone and comodo would just slow things down than with 2 webshields enabled.

Have a great day mate! :)

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

I've installed everything from security + the extension, though it doesn't load in Edge. You might want SafeZone but I don't use it.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I'd just do the 4 shields. To be honest I wouldn't even touch CFW, I find it way too buggy. Just stay with the simplistic Windows Firewall. At least it allows your computer to run. :p
u tryed it recently? The lastes 10er builds are realy stable on my end. Nothing buggy at all. They have managed to make a realy stable product. :)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Most of that is actually not useful since you'd have to upgrade or pay for use (like the VPN). I'd go with the four shields, Wi-Fi Inspector, SafeZone Browser, and that's it.

Reactions: abdou17

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
u tryed it recently? The lastes 10er builds are realy stable on my end. Nothing buggy at all. They have managed to make a realy stable product. :)

Yep it was one of the latest stable builds. Practically hung up my computer. If I didn't get to the uninstaller fast enough my computer would hang..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could just use the File & Web Shield, but otherwise stick with Windows Defender.

File Shield - Yes
Behavior Shield - Optional
Web Shield - Yes
Mail Shield - Optional for desktop-based Email Clients
Software Updater - No. Upgrade to get Automatic updates
Browser Cleanup - No
Rescue Disk - Optional
WiFi Inspector - Yes (formally Home Network Security)
SafeZone Browser - No
Security browser extension - No
SafePrice browser extension - No
SecureLine VPN - No. Separate license required
Passwords - Optional, if you don't use another Password Management service
Cleanup - No. Separate license required
Game Mode - No

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.