Avast Free AV - Irrelevant notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello, I've been using Avast Free Antivirus for about 1 week now. Having previously used Avast on and off since v4.6, I'm not new to this software.

However, I have noticed some irrelevant notifications from the software, even though I haven't these features installed. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them, or at least reduce them?

My custom Avast:
- File Shield only.
- Web and Mail Shield not installed.
- Other Tools and Features not installed.

Example Notification:
annoying avast.png

My Settings:
1. Community Features are turned off.
avast 1.png

2. No Tools in the Tools (except zoned out paid features).
avast 2.png

3. No Tools listed in 'Tools Settings'.
avast 3.png

Any suggestions to reduce or remove these notifications are appreciated.

Reactions: MalwareDetective

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I'm no way an Avast expert, but I do know that each popup has a different path to disable them. For the example you posted it seems this is from Grimefighter and you should try to suppress them by turning on the Silent/Gaming Mode.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Totally forgot about this, but GrimeFighter also is not installed.

As seen from the Change/Install set-up screen.
upload_2014-2-28_23-25-19.png

I shall try Silent/Gaming mode, although I do like to see notifications about and if Hardened Mode prevents a program from running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.