Battle Avast Internet Security 2013 versus AVG Internet Security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Avast Internet Security 2013 or AVG Internet Security 2013: what do you like?
You have only to vote in protection software.
For that, I want some kudos, if you can dare me :)
Thanks for the votes and replies! :)

UPDATE: In next hours I will develop other pool!
Thanks for the kudos and as many kudos in next time!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You have AIS 2013 or AVG 2013 in the poll and AIS 2013 or APSS 2013 in your post

Well AIS 2013 in the Poll > Has its bugs and compatibility issues on Windows 8 but like it better than AVG

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Though I am not a fan of Suites, I do think AVG has more to offer in terms of protection by Default.

P

Plexx

Protection:
Web Protection: avast!>AVG
Resident Protection (Behavior Blocker): AVG>avast!
Detection Rate: avast!>AVG
False Positives Rate: AVG>avast!
Additional protection tools: avast!>AVG

Pick your choice since it depends on what you want.

AVG Behavior Blocker is superior to avast!, but then avast! has more protection modules. Detection rate, avast is slightly better, while AVG has more false positives.

In terms of Firewall components, neither are decent.

Note: avast! known issues on Windows 8 not taken into consideration, for a fair comparison.

P

Plexx

MrExplorer said:
AVG is Worst as i had used.

It will be pointless saying one product is worse than the other without saying why you think that way.

The War Room is not simply to say A is better than B, but it is to also discuss/voice opinions as to why.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
It will be pointless saying one product is worse than the other without saying why you think that way.

The War Room is not simply to say A is better than B, but it is to also discuss/voice opinions as to why.

Around 2 years before i had more 1000 viruses in my PC he is only able to remove nearly 300 rest of them are still in the PC. i don't like it.

P

Plexx

MrExplorer said:
Biozfear said:

Around 2 years before i had more 1000 viruses in my PC he is only able to remove nearly 300 rest of them are still in the PC. i don't like it.

2 years ago, avg was not as good as 2012 and 2013 versions. Their Behavior Blocker, detection and removal capabilities have since improved vastly. No point in blaming a solution for your browsing habits which resulted in a great amount of infections. You would achieve similar infection results with avast!/MSE/Kaspersky/BitDefender etc. It will only mislead users who are at the beginner entry level in MT and guests.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good thing you point that out, because this discussion is regarding the 2013 version.

Many voting for avast!.. but I don't see why they thinks it's better than AVG.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
AVG is far superior to Avast.
I would site Bioz reasons and also one more point being misssed. Avg has a pretty solid firewall which is developed by agnitum outpost. Theyre live chat support is also better than the support options given by Avast.
If you are paying you should take AVG.
I feel in this thread people are just bashing products without giving an substantial reason. Mods should moderate it out.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Earth said:
Good thing you point that out, because this discussion is regarding the 2013 version.

Many voting for avast!.. but I don't see why they thinks it's better than AVG.

Sure, it's much better than AVG, in GUI, Protection and others.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If your vote was with avast! all along, then what was the reason for creating this topic.. Could you please elaborate on your opinion?

Edit: I want to compare your reasons with my reasons. Thanks :D

rusman

Verified
Dec 7, 2012
each has its advantages. I've used AVG free. virus attacked. consequently the data or writing in the word order. I get around to changing the word in the form of RTF. I finally switched to avast free. due to lack of cooperation avast sandboxie. I do not use avast now. I chose other security devices. but I support pro avg and avast pro. because of my response, which is free software.

thank you.

mohitpatel09

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
AVG IS removes the malwares effectively than Avast and i am using it for 1year.
It has very small size of updates. Very easy to use. Accelerates Youtube videos.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
The poll should have option "None" because the op asked about to buy the product.

My vote goes to none and as its note in option I would better skip voting.

;)

S

starchild76

AVG Internet Security is a descent product , but its downfall is the large quantity of processes it uses , the lag in boottime , also all the setting have to be tweaked to max to get good blocking results , even then the blocking of zero day threats is not perfect , it misses quite a few samples ( have sent many to their virus labs in the time when I used this product. ) another big annoyance is the stuttering and lag a user will experience when trying to watch a youtube video in hd , even when you have the accelerator function on : this makes no difference! avg is nice for the beginners , but lacks a lot of features ( this I have talked over with other AVG vip fans on skype meetings together with Rachel Bakker AVG'S advacocy manager ) so I hope the devellopment team will implement some of our Ideas in the 2014 products! becuase relying heavilly on signature detection will not cut it these days. Avast has a slight advantage over AVG detection wise , but then again settings will have to be tweaked also , like the detection of pups and the heuristics... Customer support at AVG is not up to par! a while back I had some trouble converting a fresh product key for AVG tuneup 2011 to tuneup 2013. One guy I spoke hung up on me and the other one did not had the slightest Idea on what I talked about : a big faillure in my opinion! our help is much needed on the facebook fanpage , when customers face malware related problems , most of the mods don't have the slightest idea what they are facing , so they are relying heavilly on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.