Status
Not open for further replies.

cptredsox

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
Hey!

i installed AIS 8 today and wanted to test the sandbox out .. i set all to "paranoid" config ;) and so far everything works fine, i just wanted to know why the avast sandbox always saves everything (browser cache, cookies, etc.) even if i run firefox sandboxed .. if i open it up again everything is still there, how to configure the sandbox to always erase every change made ?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
uncheck the box in cache sandbox browser settings.Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it keeps a separate sandbox storage for web browsers and is not automatically deleted when the web browser closes.

I guess for faster browser performance next time

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
First stop would be to check the Help Files, open avast UI and press F1. Then.. ( Navigate to Tools > Sandbox > Settings > Web Browsers )

Maintenance - Cache web browser's files (sandbox will not be automatically deleted)
Normally, whenever an application is launched in the sandbox, avast! creates a special sandbox storage area for that application and where virtualized files/folders are saved. This sandbox storage is then normally deleted when the application is terminated.

If this box is checked, a completely separate sandbox storage will be used for web browsers and this will not be automatically deleted when the browser is terminated. This means that the next time the browser is launched, it will use the same sandbox storage from the previous browser session, which will therefore improve the browser's performance.

cptredsox

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
already did, the storage exists sandboxed and without .. the history and everything is exactly the same, inside and outside of sandbox, even with the unchecked box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.