Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Avira IS Webroot complete" -- Is that an Avira + Webroot combo choice?

Edit: Fixed Poll.

maaster

Level 1
Aug 5, 2012
I use ESET smart security 6 RC...I like it more because detection is good but can be better...then I like these things that are not there in other suites
1)Interactive firewall mode
2)can't decipher whether an AV is installed or not because it is very light
3)configurable HIPS
4)ESET live grid etc...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would say Eset out of the choices above.I have used Avira Internet Security as well as Avast but have not tried Webroot although it is rated very high.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
"Avira IS Webroot complete" -- Is that an Avira + Webroot combo choice?

Oops its avira internet security only Actually i was in hurry at time of posting this thread and copy paste have done those fumble :D

I am not able to edit voting list(maybe i am missing something)so I request admin to please rectify mistake created by me and make it avira internet security
Thanks

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If I was going to buy a paid solution, I would go with Eset.
But I prefer to use only free security setups which I believe works just as good a paid security products.

Avast Free, MSE, Panda Cloud or AVG Free with your choice of firewall, secure browser with extensions to add protection. If you always watch what you download and run, you will be basically protected.

Thanks.:D

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

kenjioseri

Dec 16, 2012
Hey, it's so that i got good experience in about firewalls and protections and so on for Windows computers ...

and here is the result: Eset Smart Security dosen't protect that well, it's not working enough thats why it's not slowing down yours computer like other softwares.

I would recommend Avira Internet Security & Avast Internet Security... if i had enough money and was rich i was going to use Avast Internet Security because it's great it can scan the computer before you login to windows it got also good protection the same as Avira.

I wouldn't go to Webroot Complete because it's not that famous and not enough tests so nobody knows if it's protecting you enough, maybe it only detects those test viruses and false virus but not the REAL heavy viruses.

so if i was you i would go to Avira Internet Security or Avast Internet Security.

NOTE NOTE: If you are looking for a great free internet Security with Firewall and Antivirus and more, you can check out COMODO Internet Security there are a free version of Internet Security and a paid version of Internet Security called COMODO Internet Security Complete and COMODO Internet Security Plus

D

Deleted member 178

kenjioseri said:
and here is the result: Eset Smart Security dosen't protect that well, it's not working enough thats why it's not slowing down yours computer like other softwares.

:lolz: efficiency has nothing to do with resource usage :rolleyes:
btw, did you try ESET?

I would recommend Avira Internet Security & Avast Internet Security... if i had enough money and was rich i was going to use Avast Internet Security because it's great it can scan the computer before you login to windows it got also good protection the same as Avira.

almost every AVs scan memory during the boot, Avast just does a full scan but it is still based on signatures, so 0-day = no detection

best detection does not means best protection.

I wouldn't go to Webroot Complete because it's not that famous and not enough tests so nobody knows if it's protecting you enough, maybe it only detects those test viruses and false virus but not the REAL heavy viruses.

famous doesnt means efficient; McAffee is very famous but weak

there is no fake or real viruses, just malwares with a different degree of infection; in all case they must be eradicated.

I am using WSA as companion AV and before on another computer as Main AV; it never failed yet.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I would go for CIS, mainly because its so features-rich application and due to it's protection that even payed version do not offer. Can't wait untill CIS 2013 with Kiosk.

P

Plexx

ammarmasooma said:
go for emsisoft..ul forget everything..

Emsisoft does have some shortcomings just like others listed above (avast, Avira and ESET).

What do you consider the key features over the listed products (please exclude detection rate)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.