Battle Avast, Norton, BullGuard or COMODO - Which would you recommend?

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i want to compare this 3 suites in cuestion of realworld perfomace, protection, and fiability- I see good points in ones and bad points in others. Really i have all but what do you think?.

Avast
pro too many features, sandbox browser, higth detection rate
cons, i think not have good removal capabilities
bullguard
pro good interface, good protection
cons virus removal servicce by remote conection have a cost, is dificult to excluse a site from antipishing

norton
pro ligthweigh good protection, virus removal guarantee, remote conection to asistence, high detection rate
cons dificult to manage quarintine
comodo pro cons
´pro too many features free
cons not all features work as user expected

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I have been an Avast user for many years and it hasn't failed me yet. How to setup Avast Internet Security 2016 for Maximum Protection (Guide) (All the tweaks apply for free version as well) Started using this guide and its amazing :p I haven't really had to deal with removing viruses since Avast has caught all the stuff that could have wrecked my computer. I am not really good with the other software so others here can help as well!

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
If you are an advanced user do as @J Gamez065 suggests above if you are a basic to average user I would pick the Norton deal, great sonar and file reputation modes. ;)

Another vote for Norton, All are good security suites, I choose Norton mainly for Sonar and the compatibility to use and add other security apps without much conflicts. The other perk is already mentioned, it is really lightweight thus allowing me to layer on other protection, like malwarebytes, SpyShelter, XVirus, and SecureAPlus. Norton is my realtime AV while the rest are ondemand and second opinion scanner.

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
referring to Malware Hub, I recommend Avast due to its protection, performance and its usability range (from beginner to expert user) and BullGuard is exception because I never know how it is, I hope somebody start testing it on Malware Hub.
Norton is as good as Avast
Comodo, it can be really good but it really depends on user level,

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have to agree with @CMLew. Since you want easy of use and propably set and forget product then i think Norton is your choice.
Avast would be my second choice.
For Bullguard i can't say anything because i haven't tried it for a long time.
As for Comodo if you step aside the easy of use then there is the software you need;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Never tried Bullguard so nothing here.

Avast & Norton are good effective protection with ease of use. I have used both & were light on my system Win 10 64 with 6GB RAM.
Avast Hardened Mode (Aggressive) is good with good whitelist & easy to use for average users. And upcoming version with AVG tech IDP, etc is interesting.

Comodo - Personally I go with CFW only with simply no AV, no 3rd party AV, etc And couple customization. You need to know couple things to use Comodo effectively.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I vote for avast free but not internet security because they are not much different and doesn't worth the money for those extra features

avast because it's free and light for resource. If you follow the tweaking guide, it may perform similarly or even better than norton I would say because I had very experience with norton but I know they have improved a lot since then. However, you can't get norton for free or cheap prices. that's the point

if you want a great setup I would recommend avast free with voodooshield free/comodo cloud AV with AV disabled. I heard CCAV is lighter than the firewall

Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi again i like to see my topic have some concurrency.
Norton for me is a very valuable product. One time i present a complaint because some one in the support dont explainme how quarintine works and they send me a second level suppor guy to help me and explainme everything i want. From this moment i never have cuestions about norton . I only think they must have better knowlment of their product. Norton autofix is wonderful . Checks internet conection, virus data base, instalatión and incompatible software. They say it only check internet conection. By other side, firewall are very silent, is very quick, catch too many viruses, and is a trustable product
-
Bullguard for meis very good product. It works as i expected (Sometimes blocks a lot of websites and is dificult add exclusion u u) I see they are very slow in integrae malwaresamples to their definitions or to add files to whitelist. For me the only problem whith they is they offer "installation service or malware removal service by remote for 100 usd (aprox)" I think security companies not have to ask for money for this things.
Avast for me is ligth weigth is good, and have a lot of features (I dont know if all are necesary, i dont understand diference betwen deep screen and hardened mode) . I see some times avast not work as expected. 5 years ago it dont pass eicar ssl test. 5years ago they dont delete some files and detect same sample one and another and another time. Thats are things of the past, now avast is better. I dont like the new interface because dont bring me info about what are avast analising. Oh avast forum has a brillant comunity, veri vibrant and whith too much knowldement and is not necesary to ask for support.
Comodo have too many features, not all works well, and when comodo releses a new version the seetings changue. The detection, and the prevention are very good in comodo products. They dont have unnecesary modules. I hope they do better. By other side i see the people on the forum have great knowldement about comodo functions and combination, but geek buddy only know run standart task and tools. They run full scans and delete everything founded. One time they make my pc unresponsive. They try to conect include when you ask a cuestion who dont need it. And you have to pay for geek buddy.

And if some one have a avast licence who can give i will thank will be crhistmast and my birth day was a moth ago jejeje

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I voted for Bullguard :D Not trolling, their Behaviour Blocker is really good and it gives very detailed information. When i test it in VM i usually disable AV component (Bitdefender AV engine), just to see how good BB is, of course its not as good as Emsisoft's, but its very decent. Firewall is also easy understandable imo. I think you can't go wrong with the Bullguard..

But i would just install Avast! Free and follow @Jack guide here to set it for Max Protection and spend $ on other things. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Advance and experience users then it's Comodo IS and AV obviously, no doubt that the mechanistic of autosandbox definitely survives everything on the attacks; the problem goes on cloud functionality and signatures.

The main comparison goes between Avast and Norton.

With Avast, you have no worries as you have Hardening Mode as your final defense protection whereas Norton as SONAR when auto-protect and download insight failed.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Went with Norton as they have definitely improved lately. Impressive results in malware hub and reviews. After patching some serious vulnerabilities they should be good now.

Reactions: Davidov

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
For me I am using Bullguard Internet Security and I am very satisfied! It is very light. The detection rate is excellent for it uses Bitdefender's engine! Good behavioural protection module. The firewall is decent! Give it a try then you can make your decision :)

Reactions: catjc

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.