Not open for further replies.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
ESET smart security 9, definitely...

I had no security on my netbook a while back but now i have ESET smart security 9 on it & let me tell you it's very light & hassle free (using default settings). Plus i always was a little impressed with very little false positive of ESET.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I am running Eset 9.0.349
Been using it from version 5.0, on my system I have configured HIPS policy based instead of learning/training default setting. Signatures are small and regularly updated.And it is light on the system ( On scan RAM usage may increase).Additional utilities like SysInspector, and Livegrid file reputation and submission of suspicious files in the GUI itself are a plus. Lately, banking protection has been introduced in Eset from version 9.
Avast! from what I have been hearing is running light as well, and it has some other features like sandbox and browser shield and anti-DNS hijacking,password safe etc and Premier has additional software updater and shredder although not sure it does well in PUPs detection.

Best way to know what you want is to test them one by one yourself and see which suits your needs.I use ESET.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast Premier compose of interesting features that you can explore, tweak to make a balance protection at all. Especially many users are interested in the concept of virtualization although DeepScreen may considered as mediocre by some users due to ability to bypass some samples. Their firewall is straightforward and not so complicated.

Meanwhile ESS primarily focus throughout the prevention concept and their HIPS/Firewall are their secondary components that with proper maintenance from ruleset can be effective though.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I used to love Eset,but it is now a resource hog, at least on my system!
Kaspersky feels "lighter" on my other, similarly specced laptop!!:confused:
Go figure!!
I have to vote Avast in this poll!:D

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm curious as to why exactly did you suggest Avast Premier? I would guess Avast Internet Security vs ESET Smart security would be a more suited comparison. A little nitpicy, I know, but I'm just curious.

I tried ESET smart security a few days ago. And wow, my browser performance was badly affected and videos would hardly load properly.
I haven't tried Avast for quite sometime, though a family member of mine has it installed with no problem last I heard.

Based on that, I would go with Avast. However you might be fortunate, and won't run into any issues with ESET. I suggest you take your time, and trial them before deciding.

M

Mihir :-)

I choose Avast! Premium because it has lot more staff than ESS like Evo-gen and deepscreen,file-rep,Home Network Security.And one more thing that Eset is mainly based on signatures with little bit of cloud.Avast! is good blend of clouds and signatures:)Don't let ruined the performance of Pc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I choose Avast! Premium because it has lot more staff than ESS like Evo-gen and deepscreen,file-rep,Home Network Security.And one more thing that Eset is mainly based on signatures with little bit of cloud.Avast! is good blend of clouds and signatures:)Don't let ruined the performance of Pc.
Are any of those components exclusive to the premier version? If not, there's no point in wasting more money unless you get it from a giveaway. (Or if the premier comes with discounts to make it cheaper than other versions.)

Last I checked, the free version has file-rep and deep screen. So the paid versions should already have them. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Home Network Security
Home network security | Keep your home network safe
"All Avast security products ship with Home Network Security."

Here are the features on each version(excluding free)
Pro: Pro Antivirus | Expert Anti-Spyware Protection | Avast
IS: Internet Security | Home Network Protection | Avast
Premier: Premier | Best Avast Antivirus | Complete Protection | Avast

Apparently you can see here some free features
Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android

@Guru Smandaka
Before buying I suggest you take your time to see which version appeals to you more. Then install a trial of it to see how it works for you.

Reactions: Guru Smandaka

Guru Smandaka

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2015
Are any of those components exclusive to the premier version? If not, there's no point in wasting more money unless you get it from a giveaway. (Or if the premier comes with discounts to make it cheaper than other versions.)

Last I checked, the free version has file-rep and deep screen. So the paid versions should already have them. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Home Network Security
Home network security | Keep your home network safe
"All Avast security products ship with Home Network Security."

Here are the features on each version(excluding free)
Pro: Pro Antivirus | Expert Anti-Spyware Protection | Avast
IS: Internet Security | Home Network Protection | Avast
Premier: Premier | Best Avast Antivirus | Complete Protection | Avast

Apparently you can see here some free features
Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android

@Guru Smandaka
Before buying I suggest you take your time to see which version appeals to you more. Then install a trial of it to see how it works for you.

thanks a lot my bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.