Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Avast plans to start offering backup and password management solutions to its customers in a few months and has partnered with Mozy and Roboform to do it.

Read more

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I have become disillusioned with Roboform. I'm a long time user who purchased a Pro license with promises of a "lifetime license..." :rolleyes:

Then they release version 7 which requires you to purchase another license which must be renewed yearly... But oh, you can continue using version 6 with your old license. :mad:

I've migrated to LastPass which has issues with some webpages (like my bank...) and I can't figure out what the deal is. And in the instance with my bank, I can't experiment to try and figure out what the problem is, because being a bank, online access is denied after a few failed logins for obvious reasons. Then I need to call them to reset the account and explain what I'm attempting to do, which gets old... Roboform just worked with everything. :s

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
I have become disillusioned with Roboform. I'm a long time user who purchased a Pro license with promises of a "lifetime license..." :rolleyes:

Then they release version 7 which requires you to purchase another license which must be renewed yearly... But oh, you can continue using version 6 with your old license. :mad:
Classic trick!:D .. never used Roboform so I thank you for the informative post!(+Rep)
Most likely Avast will deliver this new features with Avast Internet Security only.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:

I've migrated to LastPass which has issues with some webpages (like my bank...) and I can't figure out what the deal is. And in the instance with my bank, I can't experiment to try and figure out what the problem is, because being a bank, online access is denied after a few failed logins for obvious reasons. Then I need to call them to reset the account and explain what I'm attempting to do, which gets old... Roboform just worked with everything. :s

Roboform is the best password manager, however they did make a bad decision to change their license where users had to buy it again in order to use v.7. I have used Roboform for many years, in the past the free version allowed 30 passwords and logons, now it is limited to only 10 which is basically useless. Like you I have moved to LastPass since it isn't limited.

Of coarse Avast will have their own license of their version of Roboform which might be a better deal. Mozy is an excellent online backup service if someone wants a good service. I use an external hard drive for my backups because I feel that it is more secure especially if you have internet connection problems, you can still access your backups.

At least Avast has chosen some good partners unlike Avira with Uniblue and Ask Toolbar.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.