App Review Avast vs 360 (best free antivirus signatures?)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Once he went to the Qihoo testing, I get lost at what the hell he is doing. Deleting files within the folder and how he got those calculations like 100% when there were still over 100 files left. I guess I'm missing something... my mind is wondering I guess (really wasn't paying attention lol).

I'm not fond of either of these products and have conducted my own tests on detection so I will take these results with a grain of salt... just for the sake of opinion though, I believe Qihoo is better... at real world protection and detection. It also doesn't force you to quarantine/delete some files like Avast does.

Qihoo gives you a straight allow/restore (to avoid taking up your time if it was an FP) or quarantine file immediately instead of a run around "this file is infected, you MUST delete because we told you to" like most over AVs. Sometimes you get a choice with Avast, sometimes it gives you limited choice and it forces your hand (doesn't give choice to restore immediately and add to exclusions). I hate that. Qihoo doesn't and honestly that holds bias in my opinion in favor of Qihoo. On raw data, Qihoo is still better... even with Avira and Bitdefender turned off.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I personally think avast! is the best, like The PC Security Channel, I test anti-malware and anti-virus programs in a similar way to him, but I don't put them on YouTube

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I'm not fond of either of these products and have conducted my own tests on detection so I will take these results with a grain of salt...

Really? So these two AV's you have had issues with on detection or functions? What caused the lack of fondness, as I figured both these were the better choices, of the free solutions anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.