Assigned Avast Webrep detected as PUA

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hi all,

So recently I ran a scan with Zemana anti malware to check my system, and what I got was quite surprising to me.
Screenshot (491).png

As you can see Zemana picks up Avast Webrep as a PUA, the thing is I cannot confirm that it is in fact a PUA because when I go to the folder itself there is not specific item detected as the PUA but rather it was the entire folder that was flagged as the PUA as seen on Zemana.

Anyone can advise on how I can take further steps to analyse the problem? My gut tells me that this is most likely a FP but when I google the detection I can't seem to find which engine from zemana detects this.

I have already sent a big chunk of the folder up on VT and the results all came back clean.
Screenshot (492).png

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
May be a remnant from when Avast SafePrice was bundled with it

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hi all,

So recently I ran a scan with Zemana anti malware to check my system, and what I got was quite surprising to me.
View attachment 61764
As you can see Zemana picks up Avast Webrep as a PUA, the thing is I cannot confirm that it is in fact a PUA because when I go to the folder itself there is not specific item detected as the PUA but rather it was the entire folder that was flagged as the PUA as seen on Zemana.

Anyone can advise on how I can take further steps to analyse the problem? My gut tells me that this is most likely a FP but when I google the detection I can't seem to find which engine from zemana detects this.

I have already sent a big chunk of the folder up on VT and the results all came back clean.
View attachment 61765
You cannot select which engines to use, but it will either be a false positive or bear in mind that anti-virus companies don't want you using other anti-virus companies software, I can assure you anything which is avast! is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.