AVG acquires Privax better known as HMA! VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
As long as they don't force it onto their users like Avast I'm fine with this, seems quite fitting for their current portfolio with the anti tracking browser add-on.

Reactions: starchild76

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Enju How does Avast force users to use SecureLine VPN? I've never encountered any SecureLine pop-ups with avast Free on a custom install, or are you referring to the bog-standard avast install option?

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
@Enju How does Avast force users to use SecureLine VPN? I've never encountered any SecureLine pop-ups with avast Free on a custom install, or are you referring to the bog-standard avast install option?
Jup, most Avast installations I've seen were the standard ones full of their crap, the custom installations are fine.

Reactions: Behold Eck

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
That's nice. But I'm not going to trust it.
I only trust log-less or minimal-log VPN providers.
And whenever I've used HMA it literally told the site my real IP upon the sites request (as in request to see my real IP and not their proxies), I was behind a proxy that was SNITCHING on me for using a proxy. Ridiculous.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
If they only made the VPN with no logs I would use it, but with the logs most users don't bother.

Reactions: rienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.