App Review AVG Antivirus Free 2014 Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Good:
-Nice UI
-Light on system
-Phishing scored 2/3
-High detection rate 99.5%
-Low memory usage (25MB)
Bad:
-Ads for paid products are little bit annoying.

Overall rating:
Two.PNG
. Thanks for watching and enjoy ;) !

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
AVG scores quite good in tests, but it's something strange that almost the 90% of the infected PCs i've ever seen was "protected" by AVG... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just the most used AV... maybe not... ;)

Thanks for testing :)

Reactions: MalwareT and marg

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I like AVG. It's so light on system. For normal user it's good option. But if you play with lots of Zero Day Malware then it's not good.

Reactions: MalwareT

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I used to be a fan of AVG. I like the whole behavior of the program, the way that alerts are showing, the colors of the UI,the system response with AVG....but it seems AVG is going down since 2013.Most of the reviews i have seen was showing a mediocre result.
I always keep my eyes on AVG. If someday the detection rate/Identity protection will be improved more, then i will be the first to install it immediately

Reactions: MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.