App Review AVG Antivirus Free Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I was surprised when I decided to try AVG again for the first time since 2007. gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Detection rates are very good (in my tests) nice and light on my machine and no bugs yet to speak of. I will say this though. it didnt play well with comodo firewall for some reason. caused the system to lock up multiple times.

Reactions: souhrid
S

starchild76

thanks for this review. AVG is still struggeling with zeroday samples , their Identity Protection module still needs improvement. in november service pack 1 will come and will bring some additional features to the programs and will also bring more stability and performance fixes. I am pleased with the product , it is improved majorly in comparisson with the 2014 version...

Reactions: souhrid
S

starchild76

@MalwareDoctor : I have passed this video on to the AVG community managers , together with your comments and suggestions. I am sure they will pass it on to the devellopment team to make sure that these issues will be fixed in the upcomming realeases. thanks again for your time and trouble :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.