Battle AVG, Avast, or COMODO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
I'm killing myself by not being able to decide. Which internet security is better? I'm currently using COMODO, and I'm just curious if there's anything better.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Absolutely, I chose Avast.
but, if you want more options or want more detail. you can use Comodo Internet Security (the firewall is strong with alot settings)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well, again up to personal choice but when you are meaning AVG, Avast or Comodo are you meaning the Internet Security or the just the AV?

If I had to choose out of the them it would have to be Avast + Comodo Firewall, because of Avast great detection rate and Comodo's Firewall, they make a great combination.

My choice Avast + Comodo Firewall.

Reactions: taga

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
McLovin said:
Well, again up to personal choice but when you are meaning AVG, Avast or Comodo are you meaning the Internet Security or the just the AV?

If I had to choose out of the them it would have to be Avast + Comodo Firewall, because of Avast great detection rate and Comodo's Firewall, they make a great combination.

My choice Avast + Comodo Firewall.

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant internet security.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
McLovin said:
gbpackerfan said:
Oh, I'm sorry, I meant internet security.

Well, in that case then my choice would still be the same, Avast + Comodo Firewall.

Oh, okay. Also, do you know which internet securities are the lightest on your computer? Cause my computer has a tiny ram and hard drive!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well for Internet Suite I would go for Comodo Internet Security since it packs with decent features also if you are an advance user too.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is impossible for any of us to give your good advice without knowing more about the complete situation.

There is not such a thing as better. It all depends on your user experience, your computer habits, your computer specifications, software and hardware compatibility, how often your get infections, etc.

The most simple solution with good protection would be Avast with Windows default firewall.

What is your current security setup and is it effectively protection you?

Thanks.:D

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Avast Internet Security for non-experienced user and Comodo Internet Security for medium and advanced users.
AVG needs some improvements before being a real option.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:
Avast: Beginner?
i think, Avast and AVG would be same. for standard users, which want install and forget.

In my opinion:
Avast is much more simple than AVG. Let's get an example of a virus alert, AVG requires user interaction, where Avast doesn't (This have advantages and disadvantages). I also find Avast's GUI to be more clear, making it more user friendly than AVG.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
If you want all-in-one suite, then Comodo without question but if you like to combine or just an AV, then avast. If you don't mind having more advanced AV then go for Comodo AV.

Test it in virtual machine and see if you come along with it (I am not only thinking of malware testing!)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Don't use AVG, it's just a bloated resource hog, even now.
Avast's antivirus is definitely one of the best, if not the best, free security products out there (of those I've tried already).
Comodo has some good free products as well, primarily it's firewall. I usually used Avast's free AV with Comodo Firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.