Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
AVG has formally launched its cloud-storage backup offering, dubbed LiveKive, that the company says will be truly unlimited in capacity.
AVG is pitching LiveKive as a replacement to Mozy, which ditched its unlimited storage plans this past January. Still, there's a catch: the LiveKive terms of service claim that users will be required to pay extra if they exceed the capacity usage of 95 percent of the other users, said Stephen Simpson, AVG's global head of consumer products.

AVG's LiveKive also offers incremental backup and sharing options. The service was launched in beta in February.

AVG is also offering a generous chunk of cloud storage for free: 5 Gbytes, with no limits, Simpson said. A 25-Gbyte option will cost $49.99 per year, and the unlimited plan will cost $79.99 per year, he said. The program is being launched in Canada, Ireland, and the U.K., where the plans will cost £34.99 and £54.99, respectively.

There are no limits on the amount of bandwidth that a user can consume per month, Simpson said. What the "95 percent" figure equates to, in terms of the actual storage in gigabytes that a user is allowed without triggering additional charges, will be published in the TOS document on the site, Simpson said.
"It's very much modeled around the telco policy," Simpson said of the terms of service. "We believe customers are conversant with it."

More details - link

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AVG LiveKive 5GB Free

Installed AVG LiveKive - 5GB Free version, requires AVG account (or use Beta login details).

Download and Info
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/avg-livekive
https://livekive.avg.com

Be aware: once you activate your 5GB Free or LiveKive account, the website will offer the Unlimited (30-day trial).

The screenshots are self-explanatory, or View AVG LiveKive album.

DBiWC.png

CIYEJ.png

gMMND.png

lLWSi.png

Ie0b7.png

OXMRx.png

K7l9N.png

apkkY.png

UrAUh.png

dQDmA.png

8rskf.png

2xWJG.png

798oQ.png

wzT6n.png

wGaKT.png

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
MetalShaun said:
I am impressed. Lots of features. Shame it's from AVG.
The 2012 products from AVG are decent enough ..

This should give Dropbox a run for its money. :p
5GB for free is not bad....and considering that you can get unlimited storage space for 80$ (Of course with this money you could buy a external HDD and solve all your problems;D) makes this product a serious competitor in the online storage business....
I never really use this kind of products (but I might try this release) ..I've tried iDrive and to submit 5 GB of data I've waited around 2 hours (please note that I have a very powerful internet connection).

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i never trust with cloud storage. and my connection is slow for uploading.
even fast i'll never use that service.
even PAID version too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Too funny Umbra.. :lol:

I don't think System Images were ever meant for cloud backup, since you would need it on the spot, for whatever purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.