Battle AVG Free Antivirus or Panda Free Antivirus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Overall I would think AVG Free Antivirus performs better than Panda Free, although I have yet to try the latest version in the past 3 months.

AVG isn't exactly a breeze to install, as a Free product they may be bundled with bloatware (unneeded additional software or features). Some users may point out a concern with AVG's current Privacy Policy and Terms.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in reality, cloud detection should perform better since the rapid of information can provide an accurate detection; however for Panda Free is different. (passive and behavior analysis is mediocre)

Meanwhile for AVG free is balance with standard signatures, some form of cloud and Identity Protection (BB).

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
AVG seems more stable in terms of software, in the past Panda blue screened my computer many times and their support was not helpful at all. Had a very bad experience with them.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I would go with Avg between the two of them personally.

Panda while a solid AV has a few drawbacks, mainly slow scan speeds as well as some UI problems (few minute late detection popups)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I just fixed a client's computer that had AVG free on it. It's a single-core with xp; if any computer will show AV slowdowns, it's this one.

The computer was slow due more to AVG than its age. I replaced AVG with Panda free and Malwarebytes Antimalware free.

Malwarebytes & adwcleaner removed 130 items that AVG didn't flag (adware/spyware, nothing destructive). This is normal for computers brought to me with AVG on it. Perhaps if they spent more development time on malware removal and less on "clean-up/tune-up" junkware...

It runs the latest Firefox and Office 2003 just fine now. I don't know why av-test keeps rating AVG as high performance and Panda as low performance as my experience has always been the opposite.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I choose none but if I had to I would have to go with AVG since I have had issues with Panda literally crashing my system, and if I'm not mistaken Panda requires internet access for protection since it's cloud based.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.