Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
AVG Internet Security 2015 Beta
1783905822_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

NEW IN THE VERSION
==================
* For users of the paid version, the virus database update period was shortened to 2 hours.
* Introducing new graphics of AVG main user interface.
* All Data Safe user settings will be preserved after program upgrade to version 2015.[/P]

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
====================
* Suppressed display of a button with no assigned functionality in the detection dialog.
* Improved security of Firewall rule verification process.
* Fixed issue with different detection count displayed in the scan report and the history log.
* Fixed issue with possible corruption of data transferred over network.[/P]

Beta website:http://www.avg.com/us-en/beta-program

Last edited:

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Looks like Bitdefender 2014!

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
AVG 2015 VERSION DESCRIPTION
============================
Product: AVG Internet Security
Version: 2015

NEW IN THE VERSION
==================
* For users of the paid version, the virus database update period was shortened to 2 hours.
* Introducing new graphics of AVG main user interface.
* All Data Safe user settings will be preserved after program upgrade to version 2015.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
====================
* Suppressed display of a button with no assigned functionality in the detection dialog.
* Improved security of Firewall rule verification process.
* Fixed issue with different detection count displayed in the scan report and the history log.
* Fixed issue with possible corruption of data transferred over network.
Since this new version brings various changes and improvements across the whole application, we’d like you to install and test the entire product in order to verify it works properly. To get the product running, feel free to follow the AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2015 Test Protocols, guiding you through installation process and some of the new key features. Make sure to check for any problems and report them back to us through the Bug reports system!
We’ve also prepared an AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2015 Beta questionnaire, related to the new version and its features. Make sure to complete this by the end of this Beta test. The earlier we hear from you, the better!
Your feedback is valuable to us. Therefore, the most active participants of the test will have a chance to win one of these amazing prizes – iPad Air and a bunch of Amazon.com vouchers!*

How to begin? Follow these 4 steps:
1. Download the AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2015 Beta installation package from the Projectssection (here’s where all the latest installers are going to be available from now on!).
2. Uninstall AVG ZEN if you have it installed on your computer.
3. Uninstall or disable any 3rd party security software from your computer, start the AVG INTERNET SECURITY 2015 Beta installation package and install the product.
4. Let us know if you experience any problem or issue with the new version (crash, error, unexpected behavior) with as much details as possible. Our QA team will let you know via e-mail if we need more details to fix the problem. Please use Bug reports for submitting feedback.

If you have any comments or discussion topics, please share them with others in Beta forum. For any troubles with Beta portal, contact us at beta.manager@avg.com.
Thank you and happy bug hunting!

Michal @ AVG Beta Team
* Terms and conditions are available here
AVG 2015 BETA (32bit)
(avg_ipw_x86_all_2015_5259a7946_beta.exe)
http://sfiles.avg.com/beta/ipw/a ... _5259a7946_beta.exe

AVG 2015 BETA (64bit)
(avg_ipw_x86_all_2015_5259a7946_beta.exe)
http://sfiles.avg.com/beta/ipw/a ... _5259a7946_beta.exe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source : http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-1760624-1-1.html

Reactions: yigido

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I like that GUI, The last few ones always felt buggy and just low quality.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I dont see any improvements in detections lol? that is bad for avg.
This might be a true statement, however you can't rely on any antivirus to detect 100% of threats. It really depends on what the user does, and if they see that avg isn't doing anything they automatically assume AVG is bad, but that isn't the case... If the user doesn't know what they're doing then they probably shouldn't be on the internet downloading they should be looking up some good tutorials on how to stay safe.

@ryan - You might want to ask yourself these questions : How old is the file?, Is it really safe?, Is it a false positive?, Has it been sent to AVG, but hasn't been checked?

As I see it AVG has improved other the years, but don't rely on it to prevent infections because 99% of infections are caused by what the user does.

Please remember that nothing is perfect and it never will be.

Last edited:

JAMESWT

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2014
This might be a true statement, however you can't rely on any antivirus to detect 100% of threats. It really depends on what the user does, and if they see that avg isn't doing anything they automatically assume AVG is bad, but that isn't the case... If the user doesn't know what they're doing then they probably shouldn't be on the internet downloading they should be looking up some good tutorials on how to stay safe.

@ryan - You might want to ask yourself these questions : How old is the file?, Is it really safe?, Is it a false positive?, Has it been sent to AVG, but hasn't been checked?

As I see it AVG has improved other the years, but don't rely on it to prevent infections because 99% of infections are caused by what the user does.

Please remember that nothing is perfect and never will be.

I agree.
The last ransomware malware is one example that not exist 100x100

For free avg is good for me.
If you want pay there some other soluction

The issue with avg is support no mail only chat or forum
Time for detect malware after sud.

Your avatar is amazing LOL

Reactions: Oxygen

JAMESWT

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2014
From my past experience with AVG i will never use it again!
With last ransomware cryptlocker i can said it for trendmicro small business and eset with avg no infection and no crypt document. But with other version of ransomware cryptlocker i can invert the situation.

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
AVG Internet Security 2015 Beta
Gosh, what a useful post, it was totally worth signing up to MT! *giggle*

(Just joking, no hard feelings!)

Edit: I'm wondering, could it be a bot?

Can some member of the staff remove this now useless post please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.