• F-Secure Safe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Products to compare
AVG Internet Security
F-Secure Safe
Compare
Usability
Performance and System Impact
Internet protection (Web Guard, Anti-Phishing, Antispam, Browser extension)
Banking & Payments protection

Seyyed Akram

Level 8
Verified
Hello! My mother had Norton installed for the last 3 years. Now she wants to install either Avg or F-secure. She has a good knowledge in computer. Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure. Most importantly, she looks for the price. Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 16
Verified
Malware Tester
Avg IS -> Antiphishing, Great signatures+Pro active (IDP+ Cyber capture) , Own firewall, Great removal against unknown malware
F secure -> Great signatures, Active BB(Deep guard), Poor antiphishing, lacks firewall, next to none removal rate against unknown malware !

Choose as per your requirement!

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Anyway while I am not convinced in AVG I, myself, would use F-Secure.
You answered your own question.
Please don't suggest using AVG free. She won't run free solution even if they offer good protection.
AVG Internet Security is marginally better than Free Antivirus.

The misconceptions of Free = Crap or 'You Are The Data' is ridiculous.

Use F-Secure SAFE and see how it goes.

Seyyed Akram

Level 8
Verified
Avg IS -> Antiphishing, Great signatures+Pro active (IDP+ Cyber capture) , Own firewall, Great removal against unknown malware
F secure -> Great signatures, Active BB(Deep guard), Poor antiphishing, lacks firewall, next to none removal rate against unknown malware !

Choose as per your requirement!
Thank you very much! The only feature that AVG has and F-Secure hasn't is the firewall. I don't know if this is an advantage or not. We'll see.

You answered your own question.

AVG Internet Security is marginally better than Free Antivirus.

The misconceptions of Free = Crap or 'You Are The Data' is ridiculous.

Use F-Secure SAFE and see how it goes.
I I would use F-Secure and I will never use AVG. But this is me and not my mother. It is actually up to her but I posted here to see if any member shares his own experience that might have reflect on her opinion. Regarding the paid version of AVG does it show ads like in the free version?

Amit Raina

Level 3
Verified
Malware Tester
Any differences between F-Secure Internet Security and F-Secure Safe?
this will answer ur question

L0ckJaw

Level 11
Verified
Malware Tester
Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.

Seyyed Akram

Level 8
Verified
Why not keep Norton ? Cheap licenses.

I always buy my software here, great support and official resellers, no illegal keys. Company is based in the Netherlands.
Thanks for the link. I am from Palestine. Is it available in my country? I don't see my country in the country list when I try to create an account.