App Review AVG Internet Security - Software Analyzer - ransomware test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Great video, but why did you skip the norton review. I was waiting for it for some time now.. anyway thanks for your work

:)
sorry, I tried to play around with norton but the realtime protect almost blocked all of my samples by signatures and I couldn't find enough fresh samples to test it. Samples I collected yesterday were all blocked by norton for your information

I have been watching norton on Malware hub. I should be better than bitdefender, on the same position as kaspersky and emsisoft, maybe a bit lower than those 2

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
thanks for review :)
did you test Trend Micro too? i heard its great against zero days..
maybe I would test it when I have time

next schedule: Dr.Web (IS or Katana? What I should test?), Trend Micro,...
I will travel abroad in a next few days so I won't make any more video then

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Sorry to hijack your thread but I am doing a Norton Review sometime in the next few weeks. I have technically done it but I'm going to do a retest because I did the test about 2 months ago...

Also great video :)
yeah, Norton is for you :) It's great to see norton in action against different types of malwares
I don't have enough ransomwares to test it. Also can you test SONAR in offline condition? Many users have requested this but seems no one has tested

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
maybe I would test it when I have time

Would love to see TM, too :)
Dr. Web Security Space v11, as it is more comprehensive :)
upload_2017-1-21_14-34-1.png

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
hmmm DrWeb finally someone did it :D
i'm waiting for that battle between DrWeb and your samples :cool:
i prefer DrWeb Security Space to find out how is DrWeb's full protection

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Please can you test Comodo Cloud Antivirus with his Sandbox? Very interesting I think, how good is the conzept with a Sandbox.
I did it but I didn't record a video. I will tell you the result: it blocked 99.99% of my samples, only petya bypassed and completely shut down the VM. only 1 miss
comodo firewall in Proactive mode + no restriction -> blocked everything including petya, 100% result

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.