Advice Request AVG Protection PRO - Unlimited Mobile/Desktop for £9/Year?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AVG Protection PRO (180-day trial) offers an in-app Upgrade to remove in-app Ads and protect Unlimited devices for Android, Windows and macOS.

However I don't know if the details are accurate as prices are different on AVG.com

AntiVirus PRO (yearly) is £6.49
Protection PRO (yearly) is £8.49

Screenshot_20170114-000217.png

Is there a catch and what is it?

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Looking on AVG's Website (avg.com) i cannot see that. Looks like you most likely got a good deal..?

AVG Ultimate

Learn more

Our best all-in-one package
for unlimited devices

• Advanced antivirus & tuneup package
  • Secure & tune up all your PCs from one screen
  • Live phone or chat support
  • Real-time security updates
  • Automatic tuning updates
  • Includes Mac & Android apps
  • UNLIMITED installations
$130.99

I mean, internet security for PC alone is like $90 so i'd say buy it and give it a go.

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
I'll get this tonight and tell you guys what you get from it, thanks for the post Spawn.

***EDIT***

Seems like it won't let me install the app even though i have an xperia and android 6...?

***EDIT 2***

nvm, got it working. Just bought it but i just got mobile anti virus o_O Trying to contact AVG's support

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's the same price I saw on their website, thanks for confirming. :)

AVG Protection PRO for Xperia may differ from AVG Antivirus PRO on Play Store, let us know if installation and purchase are successful.

AVG Antivirus for Mac is free according to their website (Download Free AntiVirus for Mac | Mac Virus Scanner | AVG), so it's only AVG Internet Security for Windows and AVG Antivirus PRO for Android that you get on the price.

@Zero Knowledge I'm sharing my findings. ;)

remco8264

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
I'd be interested to know what support tells you. The description cleary mentions all devices (including PCs). Although the price does seem to be too low for that.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Oddly enough the Upgrade price screen has changed on my device, only offers 10% Discount for AVG Antivirus PRO. o_O

@Bryan Lam Google has a refund policy.

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Yep, Thanks for that Spawn. AVG's responded...Apparently they sent the codes but i didn't get anything so that's really weird. Going to get it refunded.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.