User Feedback AVG Ultimate

Software
AVG Ultimate
Installation
5.00 star(s)
Installation Feedback
Installation is simple, one-click install via Live (Online) installer.
It takes roughly 2 minutes with the package download and the product is installed with the lastest database.

Prior to the AVG/Avast setup, it is recommended that you run a removal tool for other antivirus packages installed in the past.
List of removal tools can be found here:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/removal-tools-for-common-antivirus-packages.105323/
Interface (UI)
5.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
See bellow
Usability
5.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
See bellow
Performance and System Impact
5.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
See bellow
Protection
5.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
See bellow
Real-time file system protection
5.00 star(s)
Internet Surf protection
5.00 star(s)
Proactive Intrusion protection
5.00 star(s)
Network protection
5.00 star(s)
Pros
  1. Lots of great features
  2. Low impact on system resources
  3. Lightning fast scans
  4. Highly configurable
  5. Easy to use
  6. Ransomware protection
  7. Effective malicious URL blocking
  8. Virus signatures are updated very often
  9. Excellent scores in independent tests
  10. Great value
  11. Effective malware removal
  12. Well designed, clear interface
  13. Multiple layers of protection
Cons
  1. Includes links to paid-for components
  2. Nags about purchasing other version
Software installed on computer
More than 30 days
Computer specs
See configuration for details
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall Rating
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer
  1. Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
    This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Cortex

Level 25
Verified
Aug 4, 2016
Had a pacemaker fitted a few weeks ago (went for the Linux version rather than Windows 10) all was well until I found I had blood clot in upper arm, swollen arm etc - Anyway on blood thinners now & having check ups after much prodding scanning & poking again at hospital, so far so good & thank you for asking :):)

tipo

Level 6
Jul 26, 2012
@McMcbrad
just bought a license for Internet Security from serialcart for 7,21 euros. (all taxes included). it really is a good security product. tested the free version on my laptop, after i installed and liked what i saw on my mum`s laptop. the results were great. good detection rate, the IDP is just great, ransomware shield really does it`s job. thanks to you I trust and use avg once again. thanks again!

McMcbrad

Level 23
Oct 16, 2020
Unannounced AVG Improvement, that I discovered today:

Before, if Antivirus was turned off, Avast/AVG used to allow access to known infected programs/scripts, unless they contact a domain/IP already on blacklist.
I tested that today and AVG aborts ALL connections for infected programs/scripts. It can also trace the original source (in that case the script, not the interpreter).

It may have come after my feedback.

This is the alert:
1609015056100.png

It's not very important, but it's better to block infected programs from connecting to the internet.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 59
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Had a pacemaker fitted a few weeks ago (went for the Linux version rather than Windows 10) all was well until I found I had blood clot in upper arm, swollen arm etc - Anyway on blood thinners now & having check ups after much prodding scanning & poking again at hospital, so far so good & thank you for asking :):)
That's some heady stuff you went through. Take care of yourself, my friend. We're thinking of you. 🙏