Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just noticed at this link from Avira Forums.

Seems other users were complaining on it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All products are doing this Avast, Comodo etc, as well as other freeware non-security products.

V

Vextor

Avira's already hated for adverts on it's free version, now on it's paid?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
What's bad is these ads on are on the paid versions for rogue, adware products and phishing scam sites that Avira used to detect.

Avast, Comodo and AVG only show ads for their own products or other trusted products. Ads are not displayed in their paid products that I know about.

Thanks.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Having ads in the free versions I think is fine because your trying to advertise for them to buy the full version but having ads in the full version. It will turn some customers away or what they should have is an option to turn it off and on.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the representative/moderator on the forum were reported the issue however those customers were losing confidence due to that issue.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well the representative/moderator on the forum were reported the issue however those customers were losing confidence due to that issue.

Like I said if they keep doing that they will loose customers which is something that they don't want to happen. They want to bring more customers not loose them.

D

Deleted member 178

Avira still have customers?!!! :p

Avira seems to have lost the sense of reality about the AV community...more ads to catch more new customers for the ones lost because of ads...
"the snake that bites its own tail..."

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have read rumors that Uniblue has secretly bought out Avira, I have been looking for some proof but so far I can't find anything. I can somewhat understand these rumors, after the Uniblue partnership and all of the recent changes in both Avira and Uniblue it does appear to be possible.
Uniblue recently secretly dropped their most controversial product "RegistryBooster" you will not find it on their site anywhere also removed it from their PowerSuite 2012. They also dropped their anti-malware product "SpyEraser" awhile back and the news was they were going to start a new product to replace it. Uniblue is a successful company making millions off of scamming users, could it be possible that they are Avira's new owners?

If anyone has any facts about this then please post the links.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.